Aston Villa (H) | PL | Post-match Thread

Be interesting to see how many of those on the bench tonight start on Saturday, bearing in mind the fixture we’ve got next midweek.

They’ll start and play 60-70 mins. That’ll give Pep a decently rested full squad for the RM (A) game (ignoring the long term injuries).

Resurrect the are we a better team without Haaland thread…

Joking aside, that is the best we’ve looked in a while, feels like there’s a big Kev/Foden conversation needed to be had though..
I have to say it was definitely more enjoyable to watch. It was just a game with more directness and speed.

When the dust settles on tonight's game and the win a couple of talking points should be asked.
Doku playing on the right work so well and the BIG talking point Phil Foden in the middle was outstanding,

Phil Foden should never be pushed out on the wing to make room for anybody in this squad.
Build a midfield around Phil Foden and let him have the freedom on the pitch, Also, Doku can be unplayable on the right and when you see him have 10 to 15 games in that role then you'll see a very different player that will hurt teams.

A very good win and Villa are in the top 4 for a reason, but City had far too much for them and let's be honest City was under a little pressure tonight to get the 3 points and Pep put the big guns away for another day

Also do we ever have an Ederson/Ortega discussion?

I feel like we’ll end up losing Ortega just because he’s far too good to be 2nd choice.

Thought we were were very good tonight. Looked dangerous on every attack, created loads, pressed smartly, hardly gave them anything. I suppose there's part of me that wonders if we are still a little bit more vulnerable on the counter than I'd like, probably too vulnerable to win everything, but there was lots to feel positive about tonight.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.