Aston Villa (H) | PL | Post-match Thread

Honestly, that was mint tonight.

It’s amazing what toward, vertical passes can do isn’t it? They cause havoc, thread one pass through and let Foden etc. work their magic with delicate 1-2s and devastating movement.

Thing is, Haaland can do that too I think. We’ve just never seen Pep unleash those tactics with him in the side. He buries 2 of those Alvarez chances tonight I think.
Some of the intricate 1-2s involving Phil/Rico/Alvarez were sublime and we were very unlucky they didn't end with a goal.

Great game compared to the Arsenal 3D chess, nice for Phil to get some reward for his hard work and Doku and Gvardiol were excellent too.

Football’s only a game so above all tonight I’m relieved that Olsen managed to come through the game unscathed.

There were several nervous moments when players lightly brushed against him as he tried to collect crosses and I feared that such sickening incidents might again cause him to receive a serious injury similar to the last time he was on the Etihad pitch.

Safe journey home Robin

Hahaha... I'm getting pelters.
I'm nearly home so I'll watch it again.
Honestly mate, it's not the very best I've seen Grealish play, but he offered us a good level of control & for the first time in a long while, we looked like the Manchester City of old.

When was the last time we looked like running riot on goal? We scored four & missed loads, & on another day we could've scored seven, with the chances missed by Bernie, Doku, Lewis & Sergio.

Jack played a full part in all of that, & he seems to have returned to his peak of physical fitness. I'm sure you'll see his performance differently, without the stress of not knowing what the final score would be.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.