Aston Villa (H) | PL | Post-match Thread

In my opinion, yes we are. Some of the best football this season we played when he went out injured. Uncomfortable truth, maybe?
See what you mean but our Greatest ever season was built around him and his goals delivered our holy grail.

One of our best performances this season, made a good villa team look shite, obvious gulf in class. Not one bad player tonight, Rico and Father Ruben were great.
The mentality of the lads is something else, dominating the game and then conceding could’ve easily fucked is up but we never stopped, and just carried on battering them. Proper City that.

Grealish was poor
I'm genuinely surprised at this. I thought he was superb tonight and along with Foden and Rodri, he ran the show in midfield. He held the ball well, dribbled well and passed it well. Ok, he didn't score but everything else he did was exactly what Pep would ask of him.

Honestly, I'd love to hear why you think he was poor.

Honestly, that was mint tonight.

It’s amazing what toward, vertical passes can do isn’t it? They cause havoc, thread one pass through and let Foden etc. work their magic with delicate 1-2s and devastating movement.

Thing is, Haaland can do that too I think. We’ve just never seen Pep unleash those tactics with him in the side. He buries 2 of those Alvarez chances tonight I think.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.