Aston Villa (H) | PL | Post-match Thread

We will need someone to play with Phil of very high quality, also Pep will need to decide what he is going to do about the wide areas including fullbacks. It might need an adjustment of style to get Haaland more involved.

This is for the summer though, as of now we have some huge games coming up and I'm not sure his so far preferred options will do the job.
Yes it’s always fascinating to see how Pep plays it. We’ve had David and YaYa and now Gundo who all are almost impossible to replace like for like so adjustments needed to be made like you say. As for Haaland I think the solution is to play similar to yesterday and work quicker to create the chances for him, I may be wrong but don’t see him regularly dropping deep etc - yesterday Alvarez had 3 golden chances which I bet Erling was kicking his lips at

You said H would never be anything but a pure goal scorer. I replied if that was the case he would be on his way. That is the clear implication of what you said, which, incidently, I disagree with; but the logic is inescapable. You have to read Pep, he wont be satisfied with a one dimensional player. You’re wrong too about Eto. He was a cock but the football reason was an open refusal to improve/change his game.
Incidently, people have forgotten that there was a mini rebellion against Pep ball at the outset when he lost his opening three(?) games. He then moved Messi to false 9, they smashed Real and the rest is history.
This is my last reply as I think we've gone as far with argument as possible. I don't want City to sell him and yes he is an out and out goalscorer. There is nothing wrong with that, that is what he was bought to do and his record speaks for itself.

This is my last reply as I think we've gone as far with argument as possible. I don't want City to sell him and yes he is an out and out goalscorer. There is nothing wrong with that, that is what he was bought to do and his record speaks for itself.
Nothing wrong with that at all, just not Pep’s cup of tea. I enjoyed our joust.

Apologies if mentioned elsewhere, I noticed last night Phil did not do his sniper celebration, as someone had a word in his ear.?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.