Aston Villa (H) Post-Match Thread

I thought Douglas Luiz looked decent. Good feet and got about the park well. I think he could be a good player in a better team. Looked a bigger talent than Grealish for me who is in the Dele Alli mode of over hyped twat.

Relatively decent performance I thought today. Really wasteful in the first half, but even that was an improvement on the wolves game as at least we were creating chances. Early second half goal helped ease the nerves and from then on it were all city. How good was Phil when he came on? Fit right in, looked comfortable on the ball, confident in his decision making and overall looked superb in the 15 minutes he got. Can't be long surely till he starts a PL game this season?
Wasn't at the game today but from what I saw on TV and have heard from others, the atmosphere was shite once again. The team could really do with that extra boost when we're struggling to find a goal, can't only be when we face a top 6 opposition. Something really needs to be done about that imo.
Overall a decent bit of football. The countdown to Anfield begins...
So; by your own admission, you weren't there yesterday. That's no crime, I wasn't either. I'm just confused as to why you think that you can criticise those that were. In your own time, please.

I thought John Stones played well.
He made a long diagonal crossfield ball to feet and also stopped a villa player from scoring.
He was alert and focussed the whole game. Lively too.
The lad needs more minutes that's all.
Interestingly Pep kept him on the pitch all game.
I think, in the end, he will prove all the doubters wrong.
Stones played left side which I thought was interesting-and he played very well.

Misses the cup game. The way btsport went on you'd have thought he was banned for about 10 games.
And a game that he would not have featured in anyway. Makes me laugh how they over-dramatise everything. Does the red now replace the 2 yellows, or the the yellows stay on his tally? If the red replaces it then it’s actually great for us as he’s now an extra yellow away from being banned, but I don’t know how it works.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.