Aston Villa (H) Post Match Thread

One thing that struck me was Villa's time-wasting after 15 minutes. They played like they had something more than a PL match to defend & win.

Evidently it was Gerrard doing all he could to help the Dippers. Aside from 2-legged away ties or relegation/promotion/title games, I've never seen a team time-wasting so early when there was nothing to gain or lose for them.
15 minutes? More like from the kick off. Every throw in, goal kick, free kick etc. Never seen such blatant time wasting from the start.

One thing that struck me was Villa's time-wasting after 15 minutes. They played like they had something more than a PL match to defend & win.

Evidently it was Gerrard doing all he could to help the Dippers. Aside from 2-legged away ties or relegation/promotion/title games, I've never seen a team time-wasting so early when there was nothing to gain or lose for them.
If Villa had something to play for I would be happy as a Villa fan that my team was doing everything to stop city winning, but really it was Liverpool that had something to play for, so Gerrard was using Villa to help his own club. I am not so sure I would be happy with that especially if in their determination one of my club’s players got a serious injury. I would be asking questions why my club didn’t play with this intensity when they did have something to play for.

Seriously given a choice I think more supporters would rather stop the dippers winning the league than us. Of course it is immaterial now because we won, but a club manager should only do what is good for his club and he certainly shouldn’t use his club to help his boyhood idols.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.