Aston Villa (H) - Sun 12th Feb, 16:30 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bloody awful week, thank god we finally get to see some football on Sunday. Siege mentality required both on and off the pitch and I just hope the team comes out fighting and gives us something to cheer.

Ederson
Walker Dias Laporte Ake
Rodri Kdb Bernardo
Foden Haaland Grealish

Mahrez likely to be rested ?

Back to where we were after the derby kind of. Need a strong performance and a win. Our title hopes took a serious blow after the last game. To have any chance we must win the next two games. Arsenal play Brentford as well, so they might drop points again. I know there have been some issues behind the scenes, and that Pep has picked the team based on form and attitude. But after that terrible performance vs Spurs he should drop the 3 CB + inverted FB system, and go back to basics = 433. Would like to see this 11:

Ederson

Walker, Dias, Laporte, Ake

KDB, Rodri, Gundogan

Mahrez, Haaland, Foden

Need Laporte to help us with the build up, and Dias’ leadership and organisation to improve our defence. We have been leaky this season. Going forward: More goal threat with Gundo and Foden in the team. Foden also provides more width and unpredictability on the left than Grealish. This negates Ake’s lack of attacking contribution at lb. More than anything, i hope Pep picks this back 4 and doesnt rotate it until Stones is back in training.

City 3-0 Villa

Last edited:
Back to where we were after the derby kind of. Need a strong performance and a win. Our title hopes took a serious blow after the last game. To have any chance we must win the next two games. Arsenal play Brentford as well, so they might drop points again. I know there have been some issues behind the scenes, and that Pep has picked the team based on form and attitude. But after that terrible performance vs Spurs he should drop the 3 CB + inverted FB system, and go back to basics = 433. Would like to see this 11:

Ederson

Walker, Dias, Laporte, Ake

KDB, Rodri, Gundogan

Mahrez, Haaland, Foden

Need Laporte to help us with the build up, and Dias’ leadership and organisation to improve our defence. We have been leaky this season. Going forward: More goal threat with Gundo and Foden in the team. Foden also provides more width and unpredictability on the left than Grealish. This negates Ake’s lack of attacking contribution at lb. More than anything, i hope Pep picks this back 4 and doesnt rotate it until Stones is back in training.

City 3-0 Villa
Like that team, other than I never think we are stronger without Bernardo

Nice to see a bus welcoming for the players and management on Sunday. Hopefully it's a good turn out.

Let's make some noise blues!
Air horns,whistles,flares,smokies.

Bring burning hell to the Colin Bell car park and let’s also find the press entrance

We need to crush Villa on Sunday, for the title race first, but then this week turned it up a notch. hope Pep using it to create an even bigger siege mentality and the players buy into it.

title still can be won but we need to put Arsenal under immense pressure which we wont do with dropping points nd plying way below our level which we have done quite a few times this season.
Villa away was certainly one of these games where from 1-0 up we could not see off the game and they were shit too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.