Aston Villa (H) - Sun 22nd May, 16:00 (BST) | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
addtext_com_MDUwMjE2MTI3Njk.jpg

How mate? I’m on an old IPhone and can’t suss it out
Thanks for heads-up on that - checked my card and was also showing Newcastle. I changed it by clicking on that ticket - then on the three dots in top right corner - that gives me a screen with various buttons - top one is automatic updates switch off and on and hey presto it updates.

I would be surprised if both Walker and Stones are risked after both broke down on their last returns. I don't think Pep likes Laporte/Ake in central defence - they are both very left sided. So if Stones can manage it, then that might be the risk to take and leave the full-backs as Cancelo/Zinchenko.

But then he might want Walker to counter Watkins pace on the break ...

I would want Foden in there - perhaps for Jesus if Grealish played his way in last week.

And on last day nerves. All the media remember is the nerves of QPR. But I can't think of a last day match for Championship/Promotion where we have failed to get what we needed. (Perhaps I've successfully wiped the failures from my memory)

So I'm channelling:-
Newcastle 4-3
Charlton 5-1
Bradford 1-1
Gillingham - penalties
Blackburn 4-1
QPR 3-2
West Ham 2-0 (draw would have been OK for that one)
Brighton 4-1

and nine of the current squad played in that Brighton game -

Add to that, the way this group have comes back from disappointments before - we should be OK. But I would prefer a day like Charlton rather than QPR!

I seem to remember some very similar posts on here a week ago predicting with absolute certainty that we’d beat West Ham by 4 or 5. Some people do go over the top with the pessimism, but perhaps it’s a tad healthier than the other extreme
Maybe it is but having watched city for over 50 years this current squad is better than anything I’ve witnessed bar the Colin bell, lee and sumerbee era. I have seen many false dawns and disappointments along the way. I don’t think some fans realise how great this team is and will continue to be so for many years. Enjoy it while you can.

Lads - im staying at the Village Hotel (Ashton) Sunday - whats best way to get down to Mary D's pre match - Uber or Bus? cheers.
You could try Bredbury blues bus which goes from the crown pub Bredbury. I would perhaps get in touch and book on as a non member. Probably cost you a fiver for there and back. This drops at Mary d’s or used too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.