Aston Villa (H) - Wed 3rd April, 20:15 | PL | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
He doesn't look anywhere near fully fit or in elite condition.

Sluggish is how I'd describe him.

IMO....We now need much more movement and interchange of forward players and positions.

Vikingo coming orf the bench may be the best plan for a few games.

What we need is the best striker in the world on the pitch. If you want him in peak form, you only get that with him playing, even though its a load of bollocks he's out of form, check how many goals he has since returning from injury.

If out of form is banging 4 in 5 league games before two tight games, or 10 in all competitions within about 4 weeks in Feb and March, then any club would love that poor form for their players.

He was on form alright, then we had an international break and we've played one game since and suddenly he's out of form.

No idea where this talk is coming from. People just repeat a narrative that's completely negated by facts.

People won't be happy unless he's getting a brace or hattrick every game. His ratio this season and since injury is very much in line with what he ended up with last season.

We take a guy that averages nearly a goal a game through a season for granted. We'll miss what we had when he's gone and we have a typical 1 goals in 2 or 3 games type of forward.

Shitty kick off time for the match goers , bit late for me to watch all of it , saying that if it is a close run game i will probably force myself and take the old sleeping tablet a bit later than usual , lol

Please score first blueboys

It's madness as there are clearly tickets available and I just don't understand why the ticketing system won't let me purchase one.
It’s 1 ticket per matchday membership although you think they would relax the criteria when tickets remain so close to ko.

At £60+ though, they don’t come cheap! Cheaper and easier to buy from the ticket thread on here.

Spot on.

I haven’t checked the stats but he’s probably the most in form striker in the country since his return from injury.

He’s certainly scored more goals than any dipper or gooner in that time.
I'm pretty sure that's not the case if you take out his beating up on Luton

Ortega
Akanji Dias Gvardiol
Stones Rodri
Foden Bernardo Alvarez Grealish
Haaland

P.S. assuming KDB not fully fit/Stonesy fit enough to start.

What we need is the best striker in the world on the pitch. If you want him in peak form, you only get that with him playing, even though its a load of bollocks he's out of form, check how many goals he has since returning from injury.

If out of form is banging 4 in 5 league games before two tight games, or 10 in all competitions within about 4 weeks in Feb and March, then any club would love that poor form for their players.

He was on form alright, then we had an international break and we've played one game since and suddenly he's out of form.

No idea where this talk is coming from. People just repeat a narrative that's completely negated by facts.
Agree with you.

Oppos usually put two defenders on him close man marking….almost impossible for him to find space to receive a pass…….

I don’t know what the solution is, maybe we should persevere with Alvarez in the 10 role providing close support …..or change the formation to accommodate a 442….both CB’s can’t double up on both strikers

People won't be happy unless he's getting a brace or hattrick every game. His ratio this season and since injury is very much in line with what he ended up with last season.

We take a guy that averages nearly a goal a game through a season for granted. We'll miss what we had when he's gone and we have a typical 1 goals in 2 or 3 games type of forward.
Hear, hear.

Haaland is currently underperforming based only on his own absurdly high standards. If he clicks back to something like par for the rest of the season we'll win something. If he hits something close to his best we'll win the lot. And his goals to date have got us to April where all major trophies are still on the table.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.