Aston Villa (H) - Wed 3rd April, 20:15 | PL | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did he buy a half-and-half scarf without you knowing?

Jokes aside, the OS and ticketing system are amongst the few things the club have not done a great job managing or improving in the last decade.
It's a farce and is turning me even greyer than I already am.

Just tried to buy my son a ticket for tonight. When I log into my account it says both he and I have been assigned too many tickets. I have my season ticket. He currently has no ticket. That's £63 the club have lost as it won't let me buy one. What sort of madness is this?
Plenty of tickets going cheap in the ticket thread if you’re struggling?

Then there’s the Villa fans having to travel back.

8pm should be the latest a game can kick off.
They will justify it to themselves by saying "well if it was a cup game with extra time then it'd go past 10pm, so why not do it for league games?" The English football fan really is bent over, but is willing to take everything. I just wonder if they'd delayed the ESL announcement then the uproar might have been less intense. Perhaps it was more to do with the frustration of lockdown that the protests even happened, because we've seen precious little unanimous action before or since.

They will justify it to themselves by saying "well if it was a cup game with extra time then it'd go past 10pm, so why not do it for league games?" The English football fan really is bent over, but is willing to take everything. I just wonder if they'd delayed the ESL announcement then the uproar might have been less intense. Perhaps it was more to do with the frustration of lockdown that the protests even happened, because we've seen precious little unanimous action before or since.
The issue is public transport after games. Games in Spain kick off gone 9pm, but that’s fine because they can all get home okay afterwards anyway.

Fans should be coming together to protest ticket prices and scheduling of matches. They won’t though as it’s too tribal and anyone not affected by the specific game doesn’t care.

Villa are going to sit back and counter attack. Without McGinn, Watkins and Ramsay they're weaker but they still have the players to play intricate football and then release Diaby/Bailey in behind. I think if we play Kovacic and Rodri we risk having the same lack of goal threat as we did at the weekend through a lack of numbers in the box.

Have a back three of Gvardiol-Dias-Akanji (if Stones isn't fit) when is possession with Lewis tucked in alongside Rodri. Foden operating in the style of Gundo picking up space off Haaland and Grealish-De Bruyne-Bernardo.

That way we'll keep the ball and pin them in still, but have extra numbers in the box.

Villa's form away from home is okay. 7 wins, 4 draws, 4 losses. It's their home form that has seen them have such a great season. But they have the gameplan and players that usually cause us problems.

We can't be any worse than we were at Villa Park though - that was one of the worst games we've played under Pep.
tbf we had most of our midfield missing that day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.