Aston Villa (H) - Wed 3rd April, 20:15 | PL | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hear, hear.

Haaland is currently underperforming based only on his own absurdly high standards. If he clicks back to something like par for the rest of the season we'll win something. If he hits something close to his best we'll win the lot. And his goals to date have got us to April where all major trophies are still on the table.

Might be wrong, but I think he'll be in top top form vs Real.

tbf we had most of our midfield missing that day

Only because Pep had them on the bench mate! Rodri was suspended and De Bruyne was injured but otherwise everyone was available. It was because we'd been toothless at Arsenal he decided to switch things, but to throw Stones into midfield after injury was bizarre against a team with the energy of Villa at home.

It's easy in hindsight, but it was a horrific performance and he didn't change it until far too late. A strange game that one.

I reckon we'll see the reverse tonight where we go attacking and Villa go defensive and we destroy them.

Only because Pep had them on the bench mate! Rodri was suspended and De Bruyne was injured but otherwise everyone was available. It was because we'd been toothless at Arsenal he decided to switch things, but to throw Stones into midfield after injury was bizarre against a team with the energy of Villa at home.

It's easy in hindsight, but it was a horrific performance and he didn't change it until far too late. A strange game that one.

I reckon we'll see the reverse tonight where we go attacking and Villa go defensive and we destroy them.

IIRC, both Kovacic and Nunes had injuries in the weeks before the game, they weren't in top condition. Stones wasn't either but at least he knew better what's expected in that role.

In hindsight, Pep made a mistake to play Bernardo and Foden on the wings and Stones, Rico and Alvarez in midfield. Both Bernie and Foden should have been in midfield.

grealish was suspended or injured as well i think

grealish was suspended or injured as well i think

And Doku was injured too. Pep had to choose between putting Bernie and Foden on the wings or in midfield. He went with the former option, as Grealish and Doku weren't available. But the midfield was f****d and we could not hold on the ball, especially in their half.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.