Aston Villa V Man City pre match thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
richards30 said:
Hart
Zab
Vinny
Mangala
Kolarov
Fernando
Fernandihno
Yaya
Silva
Jovetic
Edin

Give sergio a rest and allow jojo and edin to terrorise villas defence! Thought yaya was ok last night, just his final ball was awful! Still a major player for me.

I'm guessing this formation puts Fernando in front of back four with Dinho and Yaya ahead again? If so, where is the width? Villa are a good counter attacking team, they have pace out wide with Agbonlahor and Weimann. That will Pin back Zaba and Kolarov who wont want to get caught out and mean we havn't got crosses into the box for the 2 big men to get onto...

Not bothered who plays as long as we win! Villa will be difficult as they are a counter attacking team and will pack the defence. Have to be mindful of counters like they did last year. I would drop Ya Ya though and play Lamps

With Mu-Everton, Chelsea-Arsenal there will be points dropped for our rivals in some way, all we should do make sure we are 3 points better after weekend.

Villa away was lost last season, awful defending, bad luck, lack of experience of Pellerini etc. Now only a win is good enough before another interational fixture.
Last time we had to think on the Stoke loss before inter. break, hope its a win now...

I think Jovetic gonna start and hopefully he is gonna have the form he had in pre season.

A win is obviously the most important thing, but for Fernando and Jovetic start would be a great boost.

We've really missed those 2 players after the start they had - both irreplacable IMO.

Is there any news on Fernando's return? The Roma game came too soon, apparently, but does anyone know if he'll be fit for this one?

Gabriel said:
Is there any news on Fernando's return? The Roma game came too soon, apparently, but does anyone know if he'll be fit for this one?
He was pictured training with the squad before the Roma game. That suggests he's close

Marvin said:
Gabriel said:
He was pictured training with the squad before the Roma game. That suggests he's close
Pellegrini said he is available for Villa, atleast according to MEN before Roma game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.