Atalanta (A) CL Post-Match Thread

At least we didn’t lose.

I’m really hoping that the players are more concerned about Sunday than about the comical display last night. It was like watching a local pub team after a massive Saturday night.

We need Ferni in front of the back 3 or 4 to snuff out the midfielder carrying with the ball.

If ONLY we could have put those chances away, we wouldn’t be talking about it now.

Should the player who pulled back Raheem received a red card? I thought the law had been changed that if a player makes no attempt to play the ball and a clear goal scoring opportunity was denied then a red must be issued. I can only assume the ref thought that a scoring opportunity wasn't denied. He was utter gash though.
Same on the other side when Mahrez looked clean through. The defender mauled him, pulled him and basically just accepted a yellow. Why not a red?

No mentions on the other time he came flying out of his box and headed the ball away to safety I see.
I don't see how anyone can blame last night on Bravo.
He did what he did, didn't foul the guy and was sent off anyway.
He was put in similar situations earlier as well.
Not his fault, the shit show going on in front of him.

If he’d handled the ball it was probably a sending off, the fact he lead with his arm outside the box was a gamble, I’m glad he did it but trying to tackle with his feet would have been preferable. It really made the refs decision easy even though VAR should have ruled it out. It’s no disaster, we’ll top the group.
The ball never hit his arm or hand

We’ve all been there... he definitely just thought “oh bollocks to it” before charging out.

given that he was only on the pitch because the other GK had gone off injured should have helped him make his mind up about whether to commit or not....frankly a very silly decision

given that he was only on the pitch because the other GK had gone off injured should have helped him make his mind up about whether to commit or not....frankly a very silly decision
Utter rubbish, a sub goalkeeper shouldn’t adapt his game to make sure he doesn’t get sent off by a referee giving yet another “incorrect” decision.

It’s like saying Sterling shouldn’t ever shoot just in case his boot comes off, so it doesn’t hit the goalkeeper in the face and he doesn’t get a red card for handball. Complete bollocks.

I don't see how anyone can blame last night on Bravo.
He did what he did, didn't foul the guy and was sent off anyway.
He was put in similar situations earlier as well.
Not his fault, the shit show going on in front of him.

I think the shit show was adequately displayed by the bunch of whistling wankers and fuckin' flag wavers. How anyone, or anything, human or technological, can arrive at a conclusion that Bravo brought the guy down just shows how we get shafted in Europe. We have to score a shedload and, as has often been said on this forum, take the game away from the refs. Unfortunately, now with their wayward application of the technology, they can chalk off the shedload of goals.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.