Atalanta CL (H) Post Match Thread

Cheesy's vlog.

Those who slag the tourists off, might like to watch an interview towards the end of two supporters from Goa who have traveled half the world to see City for 3 games. Respect to those two if they are reading. Also an interview with Rolando Bianchi.

Enjoyed the performances of Sterling and Foden.

It is also good to see Ederson seems to have regained the eye of the tiger in recent weeks?

The rest of the performance was pretty concerning, a real lack of cohesion and more a tale of talent winning out, rather than people doing their jobs properly.

Regardless of his injury, Mendy makes so many poor unintelligent passes, he also threw the ball to the opposition three times last night.

We need a new left-back and, much as a enjoy Walker's intensity, he is an injury or red card waiting to happen.

As for Stones, he's in danger of letting it all slip away. A massive fan but he's not even alert to give and go's, passing twice across his backline and not putting enough on the ball, almost putting someone in the shit.

5-1, all very welcome, but Atalanta are shit, no talking up of them even from Pep will convince me otherwise.

If that's a first-legged tie against anyone half decent, we are out before half-time.
They're one of the highest scoring teams in Europe?

Enjoyed the performances of Sterling and Foden.

It is also good to see Ederson seems to have regained the eye of the tiger in recent weeks?

The rest of the performance was pretty concerning, a real lack of cohesion and more a tale of talent winning out, rather than people doing their jobs properly.

Regardless of his injury, Mendy makes so many poor unintelligent passes, he also threw the ball to the opposition three times last night.

We need a new left-back and, much as a enjoy Walker's intensity, he is an injury or red card waiting to happen.

As for Stones, he's in danger of letting it all slip away. A massive fan but he's not even alert to give and go's, passing twice across his backline and not putting enough on the ball, almost putting someone in the shit.

5-1, all very welcome, but Atalanta are shit, no talking up of them even from Pep will convince me otherwise.

If that's a first-legged tie against anyone half decent, we are out before half-time.
There is so much wrong with this post, but replying to it would just cause grief, if I was to believe this then players can't improve.

Watch his movement and reaction when Atalanta had their chance in the first half, header over the goal chance...
So non-fucking-chalant, it made my blood boil.

it was same in 2 or 3 other situations in first half, once it was even after his bad pass. Just jogging back, don't giving a shit. Something is not right with his head, he usually sprints back as obsessed. Not too talented with ball but you could never question his application before. Last night though.. guess not being able to keep his penis in the pants are doing him similar things Stones is facing.

I obviously can't agree with the prophet of doom, as even Pep has highlighted concerns when we are still winning games.

There were positives in my post for Raheem, Foden Ederson, even Walker's intensity.

Outside of that, the scoreline masked continued deficiencies at both ends for us. The success of the two previous seasons were predicated on having total control of the game.

I've not felt we have had control for a while this season, even when Laporte was fit.

That's down the 'boxes' issue Pep has raised. Sergio missed two clear chances last night before we went a goal behind. At Palace, we miss chance after chance (same as Everton) and Ederson is needed to come to the rescue.

Things like I'm pointing out are only where I think we still have improvement in us. The deficiencies are there, they will only become more apparent when we play better opponents.

At least we can see Mendy is a problem.

I agree with this. For me we're just far too open on the transitions and doing that at a ground like Anfield is just asking for trouble.

Better teams are going to exploit us and it's already happened against Wolves and Norwich.

The CB situation is a nightmare. Stones and Otamendi are playing at a mid table level.

They put 3 past Juve the last time they played them.

They had key players missing both in defence and attack, in KJaer and Zapata IIRC. Atalanta don’t have the strength in depth we do and we’re always going to be underdogs anyway.

Point is they know how to score, how to create problems for opposition defences. Serie A's top scorers last season and this season, so far.

They do indeed. We did well to keep them down to 1 goal and even the foul for their pen could have been committed outside the box if Fern was more used to playing centre back.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.