Atalanta CL (H) Post Match Thread

No card for this but two for Foden - go figure

bDDC20332.jpg

‘As for Stones, he's in danger of letting it all slip away. A massive fan but he's not even alert to give and go's, passing twice across his backline and not putting enough on the ball, almost putting someone in the shit.’
Totally agree with this.....not good enough and weak mentally...for someone who is supposed to be good on the ball he struggles with simple 3 yard passes.
Much prefer to see Rodri in this position

good night, atmosphere was good for a CL night behind the goals.. Have some of 115 forgotten how to do the Poznan when it starts !

thought Atalanta pushed and pressed well, slick passing to. much appreciate teams actually having a go when they play us at home rather than 10 in the box, Next three home games will be totally different as we will be back to teams parking the bus.

Raz hatrick

‘As for Stones, he's in danger of letting it all slip away. A massive fan but he's not even alert to give and go's, passing twice across his backline and not putting enough on the ball, almost putting someone in the shit.’
Totally agree with this.....not good enough and weak mentally...for someone who is supposed to be good on the ball he struggles with simple 3 yard passes.
Much prefer to see Rodri in this position
It seems that atm he's got more problems with Pep than Pep does with him. I just hope he gets his s..t together and start being what he is supposed be - a world class CB

Last edited:
good night, atmosphere was good for a CL night behind the goals.. Have some of 115 forgotten how to do the Poznan when it starts !

thought Atalanta pushed and pressed well, slick passing to. much appreciate teams actually having a go when they play us at home rather than 10 in the box, Next three home games will be totally different as we will be back to teams parking the bus.

Raz hatrick
115 are a myth

Apologies if already posted...does anyone know what the Atalanta banner they kept unfurling said? I was behind it from the corner in 111 so couldn’t see it! One Atalanta fan in middle tier seemed to take issue with it and had to be calmed down by steward and police...

They had one with Bergamo on it up all game and had two others in the second half. One was a ten year anniversary of something that happened to Stefano, it had “veritas” too, so guess they are asking for the truth.

the other one I can’t fully remember, but it had a Union Jack flag with a name that might have been Greg on it.

Yep, I am with you.

All I am trying to articulate is that, for the first time, I didnt think he looked like a gifted lad trying to play with the men but looked like he belonged and the players around him trusted him to do a proper job. I am overjoyed that this is the case because I was wondering. There is a famous Manchester expression, a mansal ( lads arse in mans trousers) which was appropriate last year for him.

This season I think he can be the player we want him to be.
You’re spot on. He rose to the occasion last night, in my eyes, for the first time too.

He’s shown some impressively nice touches and good determination in other games we’ve seen him but his overall performances haven’t been particularly impressive.

Against Rotherham he had the least touches in our team and just blended in with their Championship relegation players, against Newport (granted the pitch was poor) he only really stood out when they fatigued, against Spurs he seem to be carried by Gundogan in the second half.

Last night was the first time we’ve seen what he’s about.

Sat in my usual seat but all strangers about me
Stood up to applaud team onto the pitch and the boy behind me told me to sit down or move to further along the row !! Course I did :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.