Atalanta (H) - CL - Pre-Match Thread

Atalanta (H) Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
How sad. "You can play but only when there is nothing to lose". Shows how highly rated Foden is by Pep.

not saying I agree with it, but if that is the view, I hardly think it warrants particular sadness. Pep does right him highly - why would he lie about saying he does? If he didn’t he would have indicated a year or two back an extended contract wasn’t warranted and suggested he either leave, or is sent out on loan. But he didn’t. Playing in 3 champions league group games form the start is nothing to be sniffed at, even if we have already won the first 3.
There are plenty of things to be sad about, but imho, this isn’t really high on the list.

Ederson

Cancelo Otamendi Stones Angelino

Gundogan

Mahrez Foden D.Silva Sterling

Jesus

I'd rest Aguero again if he's not 100% I'd also rest Mendy, Dinho, Rodri & KDB. Foden should get minutes as should Angelino if Zinchenko is still out.

3-0 City come on.
I think Mendy needs the minutes and I would play him

Ederson
Walker Stones Otamendi Zinchenko
Rodrigo
De Bruyne Foden
Mahrez Aguero Sterling​
I wouldn't play Otamendi but this seems about what we'll get, except we all know Gundo is playing in place of Foden in midfield.

not saying I agree with it, but if that is the view, I hardly think it warrants particular sadness. Pep does right him highly - why would he lie about saying he does? If he didn’t he would have indicated a year or two back an extended contract wasn’t warranted and suggested he either leave, or is sent out on loan. But he didn’t. Playing in 3 champions league group games form the start is nothing to be sniffed at, even if we have already won the first 3.
There are plenty of things to be sad about, but imho, this isn’t really high on the list.

Don't get me wrong, i think Pep is a great manager. But i think some our fans think he can do nothing wrong. They think that if Pep doesn't play Foden it's only to the benefit of Foden's development. And he needs time.

But i think the situation with Pep and Foden is the same as with any other manager who is expected to win. He isn't willing to take a risk by playing an inexperienced youngsters instead of the more experienced players. Which is his right as a manager.

Some people expect Foden to replace David Silva next year. But the links to the likes of Fabian Ruiz from Napoli, i fear, indicate that it will be just as hard for Foden to get into the lineup next year, as it is this year. Which isn't bad for us in terms of improving the team. But it might be at Foden's expense.

It's not going to be a stroll on Tuesday,Atlanta are flying at the moment,won at Lazio over the weekend.need to play a strong side.

Think Pep rates Foden very highly and has a great future planned for him. If on the other hand Pep doesn't really rate him that highly, which I doubt, chances are he'd be right as he sees him very day.
He probably does rate him highly, but these three minute cameos he keeps getting are a bit of an insult to Foden if you ask me. I really want him to get a run in the side soon, just something so rewarding watching one of our own in a blue shirt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.