Athens? Flights expensive

Or Skiathos - we did a day trip to Athens from there. Can probably get a week there for the price of a flight to Athens
to be fair. there is also Kefalonia and Preveza, if you can get a transfer with Sky Express on one of the island hoppers.

Also fly into Kalamata but that would need a hire car. Flights into there aren't cheap.

Manchester​
Athens​
Mon 14 Aug 2023​
15:15 - 21:10​
Athens​
Manchester​
Thu 17 Aug 2023​
13:15 - 15:20​
Had to miss Istanbul so booked last Wednesday to fly direct and make a bit of a break of it. Cost for flights was £382, staying in Piraeus itself not far from the stadium.

If the match is being played in the AEK Athens stadium I've actually been there in the late seventies. I was working on a ship in the port of Piraeus when one of the Greeks working onboard told us Nottingham Forest were playing that night in a pre season friendly. He gave us directions so a few of us made the trip. I think it was about 20-30 minutes on a train. Crap game 0-0 but an experience.

Should be a bigger window to go for a holiday around the game once the fixtures are out in a couple of days we'll be away the weekend before/after the game.

If I was going I'd hold fire until the 15th and book a few nights away.

If the match is being played in the AEK Athens stadium I've actually been there in the late seventies. I was working on a ship in the port of Piraeus when one of the Greeks working onboard told us Nottingham Forest were playing that night in a pre season friendly. He gave us directions so a few of us made the trip. I think it was about 20-30 minutes on a train. Crap game 0-0 but an experience.
It's at the Olympiacos stadium in Piraeus, but there's a chance AEK or Panathinaikos might be at home the night before. AEK have built a new ground on the same site which opened last year.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.