Athens? Flights expensive

If the match is being played in the AEK Athens stadium I've actually been there in the late seventies. I was working on a ship in the port of Piraeus when one of the Greeks working onboard told us Nottingham Forest were playing that night in a pre season friendly. He gave us directions so a few of us made the trip. I think it was about 20-30 minutes on a train. Crap game 0-0 but an experience.
It’s at the Giorgios Karaiskakis Sradium - home of Olympiakos. It’s in Piraeus rather than Athens itself.

I go to Greece a lot. It's August and the most expensive flights. Ryanair stopped flying there this year and Easyjet wont pay for normal landing times.
If you can get flights at a price that's acceptable to you, try staying on the east coast facing Evia (Eubeoa). The hotels at Nea Makri and Rafina have free transfers to and from the airport and the bus from the airport into Athens is 12 euros right outside the arrivals lounge into Athens (E96 bus _ about 1hr 15.)
If you can find somewhere to stay in Athens, fine. Most greeks vacate Athens in the summer - it's too hot.

Another alterative is Aegean into Thessaloniki and transfer on to Athens, but I can't see that being cost effective.

If you go for a few days, a stay on one of the islands close to Athens (Pireaus) is good. An hour os so on the ferry. Would recommend Agistri / Poros / Aegina
We have just booked a week on Aegina, ferry across day of the match (40mins) hotel in Piraus for the night then back to the beach holiday, we went to Aegina 22years for three weeks and did the island hopping had a brilliant time

We have just booked a week on Aegina, ferry across day of the match (40mins) hotel in Piraus for the night then back to the beach holiday, we went to Aegina 22years for three weeks and did the island hopping had a brilliant time
It's my happy place. Going to Messinia very soon! I used to used the Triton by the port before covid. If you get bored, try a day trip to Agistri, from Aegina, by the new hydrofoils or the old Agistri express (30mins). Get off on Skala. Lovely little island. Have a good one!

It's my happy place. Going to Messinia very soon! I used to used the Triton by the port before covid. If you get bored, try a day trip to Agistri, from Aegina, by the new hydrofoils or the old Agistri express (30mins). Get off on Skala. Lovely little island. Have a good one!
And you

Booked last week. Spending 10 days there. Ticket should be a lot easier than the CL final.

The capacity on the staduim is only 32k. So if anything like the CL final about 10k tickets to city. What do people think? Will it be easy to get one as a season ticket holder with low points?

well, i strongly recommend :))) (here i come again, your trip advisor; shit i am spending too much time in this forum, i ll stop tomorrow - i ll be very busy this week)

ok, i strongly strongly recommend
come to İzmir (çeşme) (çeşme is relatively expensive by the way, but i can recommend other nice places at izmir)
then take a boat trip to prieaus (7 hours something). my mom is from izmir (izmir is perfect)

think about it. pireaus is also a great place. :))
cheers.

ps: if many fans come to izmir, i may come also for a few day:)) with my torches :)))
Izmir is absolutely wonderful.
Went last year

The capacity on the staduim is only 32k. So if anything like the CL final about 10k tickets to city. What do people think? Will it be easy to get one as a season ticket holder with low points?
Anyone on low points that’s keen to go may want to take a look at (saying it through gritted teeth) buying a ticket direct from UEFA. I’ve no idea when they go on sale or what the process is but I’d imagine it will be a lot easier than hoping you’re one of the very few that gets lucky in the CL final ballot.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.