Athletics Thread

Bol is just incredible.
She is, got my fingers crossed for her for Paris.

We may have another girl off the British women's 800m conveyor belt. Shakira King ran a 2:02 800m aged just 15 in June, and followed it up with a 2:01, but that was a mixed sex race so the time doesn't count officially.

She's the 2nd fastest U18 in the world behind Phoebe Gill, and is running the European U18 championships this week. Think she may just have turned 16 now.

Fun fact, the last European U18 championships, Britain topped the medal table with 8 golds, all won by the girls, think the boys need to step up this time.

She is, got my fingers crossed for her for Paris.

We may have another girl off the British women's 800m conveyor belt. Shakira King ran a 2:02 800m aged just 15 in June, and followed it up with a 2:01, but that was a mixed sex race so the time doesn't count officially.

She's the 2nd fastest U18 in the world behind Phoebe Gill, and is running the European U18 championships this week. Think she may just have turned 16 now.

Fun fact, the last European U18 championships, Britain topped the medal table with 8 golds, all won by the girls, think the boys need to step up this time.
Second fastest U18 at age 15? WOW!
Clearly, her talent was identified early:

I hope I get to see the removal of those forty-year-old world records from the books in the 400m and 800m for women. And Flo Jo's times too, which are slowly seeming within reach.

I watched the documentary on Daley Thompson on BBC the other day. What a phenomenal athlete he was. Your memory fades after years but I remember certain aspects of the Olympics he was involved in. But I forgot the tussles with the German and when I saw it, I recalled some of it. Thompson really was exceptional.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.