Athletics Thread

Ingerbrigsten smashed the 1500 in this years best time. This guy has been winning titles since 2018 including Olympic gold in 2020. He is fantastic. Possible match up with Kerr at the Olympics soon.
I enjoy the diamond league but much prefer championship races. Runners at the diamond league are like greyhounds chasing the hare. No pacemakers or lights at championships and it gets really interesting.

I’ve always thought she was an interesting athlete.
Races so so sparingly, and almost never outside of her home country.

I’m guessing she must have some off the scale sponsorship deals or other source of funding to allow her to function in that way.
In simple terms, I think she has the potential to be judged as the finest female athlete of all time.
Her record is phenomenal, both in medals and times, and she is still young.

I’ve always thought she was an interesting athlete.
Races so so sparingly, and almost never outside of her home country.

I’m guessing she must have some off the scale sponsorship deals or other source of funding to allow her to function in that way.

I don't like how sparingly she races, it isn't good for the sport. The top athletes need to be competing week in week out to push the sport forward in my opinion. Mclaughlin for example is faster and the best in her field but Femke Bol has been better for the sport in the last 3-4 years.

Mclaughilin is part of the Bobby Kersee training camp. I think this camp negatively affected Athing Mu for example, not racing often enough and as a result fell down at the US trials due to poor positioning.

I think its a very American attitude, which fair enough they have a lot of great meets over there but it shouldnt be the centre of the sport. Noah Lyles has a better attitude, knows that America isn't the world.

I enjoy the diamond league but much prefer championship races. Runners at the diamond league are like greyhounds chasing the hare. No pacemakers or lights at championships and it gets really interesting.
I like both but prefer pure racing. Times aren't a big deal as they always get broken in the future.

Ingebrigtsen is a prime example, pisses the greyhound races but gets a proper challenge in the actual races.

I don't like how sparingly she races, it isn't good for the sport. The top athletes need to be competing week in week out to push the sport forward in my opinion. Mclaughlin for example is faster and the best in her field but Femke Bol has been better for the sport in the last 3-4 years.

Mclaughilin is part of the Bobby Kersee training camp. I think this camp negatively affected Athing Mu for example, not racing often enough and as a result fell down at the US trials due to poor positioning.

I think its a very American attitude, which fair enough they have a lot of great meets over there but it shouldnt be the centre of the sport. Noah Lyles has a better attitude, knows that America isn't the world.
You’ve mirrored a lot of my thoughts there.

I have watched her in a number of races recently, but the general point stands. I don't know what her personal philosophy is, but if she keeps breaking records and winning gold medals, it's working. As for the sport, success at her level is inspirational, but it would be good to see her taking her talent around the world.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.