Athletics Thread

What's everyone's thoughts about the GB&NI medal chances in the Athletics?

I think we could medal in both sprint relays, if the men can actually get the baton round, tough ask for them I know.

I'd be pretty confident with the men's 4x400, if we had just one more quality runner. I can't understand why Ohioze isn't in the squad after he ran the fastest leg at the euros, and we can't afford to leave behind a 44.7 runner in Sam Reardon, surely the rules for selection in the relays can be more flexible?

Individually on the track it looks like MHS and Kerr, could both win Gold but I'm struggling to see any other medal's for the men, although I have a feeling Dobson could do very well if he attacks the race early.

For the women I think the 800m is the big one, Keely for Gold hopefully, with maybe Phoebe Gill or Jemma Reekie also bagging a medal. Outside of that I don't see an obvious medal shout on the track. Possibly an outside chance of a Bronze for Muir or Bell in the 1500m?

In the field event's, Caudery has as good a chance as anyone, although I think Kennedy will prove tough to beat, and can KJT bounce back from the euros and medal?

KJT has been reported as training well, determined to do well in her final championship appearance.
Can’t wait for Keely, a beautiful runner and a beautiful woman. Gold surely, barring accidents.

Thanks, he talks about his starting and the problem/solution he had with it in the vid I posted. Not sure how he never false started tbh.
My favourite oversees athlete, ‘class act’ and has a happy knack of talking common sense. I’m not sure how I missed that he’d suffered a stroke - completely passed me by. Glad he seems to have made a good, if not full, recovery.

In his most recent interview talks a bit about using visualisation techniques. I’m sure he spent lots of time rehearsing reacting to and not anticipating the gun. That said, it has been demonstrated that some athletes are able to legitimately react faster than the legal 0.1s. This is more of an issue over 60m - 100m and I’m sure that’s also part of the answer. Plenty of time to get over a less-optimal start in the longer sprints so don’t need to take risks.

Back to this thread now, the Olympics took up all of focus.

Big news again:

Finished 4th in the 200m Final.

USADA want him banned, AIU want him banned, don't know who did the arbitration but they lifted the ban.

USATF shouldn't have picked him whilst all of the appeals were ongoing, so they brings up more questions.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.