Atkinson says his view was obscured

De Jong is being persicuted for a challenge that was legal. Thats the problem so many fans have. I think you'll see that every blue has sympathy for Ben Arfa, but there is a witch hunt going on and it stinks.

Look at it again, De Jong doesn't go over the ball and infact the more dangerous foot, the left makes very little contact. Its the trailing leg that swings round due to momentum.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHq_QJUuLXg[/youtube]

Now look at Carl Hendry's tackle from the same weekend

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRjB9F883rY[/youtube]

Now tell me, without the outcome of the leg break which is worse and why is De Jong's challenge getting all the media coverage? Its a witch hunt cos we are City.

Now look at Henry's challenge on Zamora, very similar to De Jong's as Henry's leg makes contact with Zamora's foot. Again cos of momentum. Should Henry be getting investigated cos he broke someone's leg?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_s-_lZUkqk[/youtube]

Or should this Rangers player be banned because he caught Valencia's leg with his arm resulting in Valencia falling, we all know you can't tackle with your hands/arms in a game of football?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzENt34KdII[/youtube]

There are similar and worse challenges to what De Jong has done yet, as i have said before, DJ is being punished because of who he plays for, nothing else.

Bigga said:
Gordon Taylor is leaning towards the 'reckless' end of Nige's tackle.

Atkinson will be shown the tackle again from another angle, will be asked if he would have changed his mind and the punishment will be sorted from there.

Nige is looking at a 3 match match ban, at least, and perhaps a fine.

Have you got a source for this mate?

Taylor has been on Talkshite but he was talking about setting up a panel of ex-pro's to look at reckless challenges after the event. He's with the PFA anyway and has no say in this.

City Raider said:
Bigga said:

Atkinson will be shown the tackle again from another angle, will be asked if he would have changed his mind and the punishment will be sorted from there.

Taylor has been on Talkshite but he was talking about setting up a panel of ex-pro's to look at reckless challenges after the event. He's with the PFA anyway and has no say in this.

The source came from Taylor himself.

He was talking about how the process will be handled at the panel and the likely outcome, should Atkinson agree his decision would have changed.

This happened in the later segment of the Breakfast Show.

Atkinson will be shown the tackle again from another angle

Sounds like they are trying to get the ref to change his mind. If he has to look from another angle, then the ref and linesman (asistant ref) were in the wrong position to control the game.

blue12 said:
I tell you now i am getting closer and closer to stopping watching football for good what is going on here is an utter joke,de jongs tackle was a hard but fair one which resulted in an accident pure and simple.
If the ref claims he didnt see the it he is a liar and it will prove that there is a definite agenda against us.
Karl henrys tackle was a horror tackle but it has hardly had a mention due to this but because the lad avoided serious injury it is ok.
My blood is boiling at the minute and only wish i had some power to tell the idiots in the media who are stirring this up exactly where to shove it,but you know i would just be ignored.
Even rags i work with dont think there was any intent and to be honest scholes puts worse tackles in every week without punishment.
Unfortunately we are gonna have to work harder than most to win the prem as the powers that be are not gonna make it easy.

Know how you feel tbh. Every weekend refs fuck up royally, this week we were fortunate but its top class football, 3rd class refs. Every weekend there are blatant errors.
Then there are the witchunts like this. You see the same players get away with murder each week, gerrad and his elbows, scholes with his late tackles etc but each time a city player dares to tackle someone or does something wrong Sky tends to make a short 15 minute film on it, shown 2-3 times an hour and wheel out rent a qoute dicks to comments on it. How comes nothing has been done with charging Nani for 3-4 bouts of play acting holding his face in the SAME game????? Surely this is bringing the game into dispute

Then there are the gutless FA. How can ferguson say what he says without nothing doing, but every other manager seems to be fast tracked and fined over the tiniest comments. Why havent the FA done anything yet about thier own rules with interviews and utd. If Atkinson says he didnt see it now, he is lying full stop. Make him do a polygraph test ffs lol.

Then every day there are rubbish stories about us. You try and avoid it but they are everywhere and it gets impossible not to see it.

De Jong tackled hard but fair. The ref saw it, newcastle players 2 feet away saw it. No one appealed for a free kick as it was a fair tackle. It only takes 1 comment, then sky to pick it up and exagerate 10 times, then talksport to exagerate it another 10 times then everyone is talking about it. I bet all those you see on forums saying ban him, 80% havent even seen the incident.

Just getting demoralised with it all to be honest myself

Bigga said:

Changing the rules again... becoming a big fucking joke this now.

Bigga said:
City Raider said:

The source came from Taylor himself.

He was talking about how the process will be handled at the panel and the likely outcome, should Atkinson agree his decision would have changed.

This happened in the later segment of the Breakfast Show.

So he was talking hypothetically? The panel doesn't exist? Sorry - your post read as if this 'was' going to happen.

BTH said:
It's amazing how refs suddenly become 'on message' once you're a top four team!

Seriously though, I've watched City all over the show over the years and seen us on the receiving end of hundreds of poor and, occasionally, some outrageous refereeing decisions so I'm not going to complain now because I've finally seen a homer of a ref who gave us some major decisions.

It's unfortunate about Ben Arfa's broken leg, but it seemed fairly innocuous at the time. Certainly, there was no fuss about the challenge at the time and hopefully he'll be back in action before very long.

To draw a parallel though, nobody was too fussed when Colin Bell was crocked by Buchan, when Paul Lake suffered serious injury or at Roy Keane's premeditated hatchet job on Alf-Inge Haaland.

I was going to post the same. The players reactions and even their managers said it all. It was simply unfortunate and one of those things.

But apparently its OK when its premeditated fuckingg gbh as long as you play for the FA rag darlings.

More fucking hypocrites. And Atkinson is blind if he couldn't see what happened from there.

EDIT See all these vids have been pulled from youtube by the PL for breaking copyright!! Big brother is watching.....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.