Atkinson says his view was obscured

gh_mcfc said:
Bigga said:
Gordon Taylor is leaning towards the 'reckless' end of Nige's tackle.

Atkinson will be shown the tackle again from another angle, will be asked if he would have changed his mind and the punishment will be sorted from there.

Nige is looking at a 3 match match ban, at least, and perhaps a fine.

this is utter bollox. why not show every decision in a match to the ref and ask him afterwards who should have won and then change the result if required.

It is utter utter bollox
I agree. so the ref is going to look at every angle in super slow motion?!! Well that it then he'll be banned for 3 games and fined. It utter bollocks the only replay he should watch is real time one

LoveCity said:
Bigga said:
Gordon Taylor is leaning towards the 'reckless' end of Nige's tackle.

Atkinson will be shown the tackle again from another angle, will be asked if he would have changed his mind and the punishment will be sorted from there.

Nige is looking at a 3 match match ban, at least, and perhaps a fine.

Please tell me this is BS. This would surely be unprecedented, overruling the referee's final decision to appease the frothers?
far from unprecedented unfortunately
something very similar happened last year when ade got booked for time wasting when scoring a goal against the arse and this was changed to misconduct, and in the same game got a three match ban for his stamp on van pussy although the ref was two yards away

squirtyflower said:
LoveCity said:
Please tell me this is BS. This would surely be unprecedented, overruling the referee's final decision to appease the frothers?
something very similar happened last year when ade got booked for time wasting when scoring a goal against the arse and this was changed to misconduct, and in the same game got a three match ban for his stamp on van pussy although the ref was two yards away

except it could be argue that at laset ades was a stamp. This wa s fair tackle.

If Jongie gets a ban for that chalenge and thats what it was, not a horror tackle or assault as have been said, then players will be banned all over the place. Feel really sorry for the barcode lad but there is no reason for action to be taken

if the tackle gets him on the shin pads instead of the ankle and he ends up with nothing more than a bruise, does it make NDJ's actions any worse? they are reacting to the result of the action and not the action itself. The takle was fair. He took the ball cleanly and fairly with incidental contact and a tangle of legs following. The result whilst unfortunate, was not because of a malicious action. Just unlucky. In fact I thought the tackle on Milner (I think it was) shortly following NDJ's tackle was far more malicious at the time, and was surprised to see Ben Arfa still on the ground when the camera panned back

I tell you now i am getting closer and closer to stopping watching football for good what is going on here is an utter joke,de jongs tackle was a hard but fair one which resulted in an accident pure and simple.
If the ref claims he didnt see the it he is a liar and it will prove that there is a definite agenda against us.
Karl henrys tackle was a horror tackle but it has hardly had a mention due to this but because the lad avoided serious injury it is ok.
My blood is boiling at the minute and only wish i had some power to tell the idiots in the media who are stirring this up exactly where to shove it,but you know i would just be ignored.
Even rags i work with dont think there was any intent and to be honest scholes puts worse tackles in every week without punishment.
Unfortunately we are gonna have to work harder than most to win the prem as the powers that be are not gonna make it easy.

The Cranium said:
if the tackle gets him on the shin pads instead of the ankle and he ends up with nothing more than a bruise, does it make NDJ's actions any worse? they are reacting to the result of the action and not the action itself. The takle was fair. He took the ball cleanly and fairly with incidental contact and a tangle of legs following. The result whilst unfortunate, was not because of a malicious action. Just unlucky. In fact I thought the tackle on Milner (I think it was) shortly following NDJ's tackle was far more malicious at the time, and was surprised to see Ben Arfa still on the ground when the camera panned back

This is the reality of the situation unfortunately.

gh_mcfc said:
squirtyflower said:

except it could be argue that at laset ades was a stamp. This wa s fair tackle.
Yep fair point and there is a difference
The Cranium said:
Spot on assessment

Regardless of any ban that might or might not be forthcoming, how will this effect NDJ's form in the next few weeks, months etc?
I feel that after hearing the break up close it will effect him in that he wont be as willing to go in hard for 50/50 tackles, and with the current witch hunt, even if he wins 60/40 in his favour, the ref's are going to be looking to book him as they know that the medja will be scrutinising every tackle he makes.
Those that havent already done so, phone $ky and cancel your subscriptions and when asked why, let them know, but if possible in a calm manner.
Money talks, and with falling subscriptions and falling advertising revenue, we will geta change in editorial policy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.