Atkinson says his view was obscured

If this leads to a De Jong ban, City must take action. The usual silence would be intolerable when clearly Atkinson saw it.

It's amazing how refs suddenly become 'on message' once you're a top four team!

Seriously though, I've watched City all over the show over the years and seen us on the receiving end of hundreds of poor and, occasionally, some outrageous refereeing decisions so I'm not going to complain now because I've finally seen a homer of a ref who gave us some major decisions.

It's unfortunate about Ben Arfa's broken leg, but it seemed fairly innocuous at the time. Certainly, there was no fuss about the challenge at the time and hopefully he'll be back in action before very long.

To draw a parallel though, nobody was too fussed when Colin Bell was crocked by Buchan, when Paul Lake suffered serious injury or at Roy Keane's premeditated hatchet job on Alf-Inge Haaland.

Course he saw it. Everyone did and no one thought anything of it until afterwards and realised that he wasn't actually feigning injury..

On another note... Did anyone hear the crack when his leg broke?

I didn't at the time (up in CB L3) but a guy I spoke to in City Sq after said he heard it and it was also pretty loud on MOTD last night...

*wince*

For the record I think if this was anyone other than NDJ we wouldn't have all this nonsense going on... Unless it was Joey Barton of course! But even he hasn't broken a team-mate's leg during a game... Yet.

I really can't believe he's been dropped from the Dutch squad because of it. Ridiculous. Can't wait to hear what Nigel's got to say about it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.