Atletico (A) - Post-Match Thread

And hoofing the ball up the field didn't immediately lose it???

Absolutely ridiculous that we train with Pep for 6 years to keep the ball from the back and in one of our most important games we resort to belting it up field (which we don't train for) because its too hard!!!
We won. What's your problem?

Does he think the Spanish team were thuggish enough to be regarded as our rivals?
A way to win. Jesus Christ.,this is the champions league. They are the Spanish champions and have a forward who they spunked 114 million on. It’s not an fa cup tie where a non league team is playing a prem team. How an ex pro can enjoy seeing Felipe and savic purposely go out to injure a fellow pro is beyond me.

am I being a touch over sensitive today. I don’t know. If posters think I am then please give me a nudge but I just can’t conform to the way of thinking that last night was somehow enjoyable or something that just happens in football.

They will.

City to get a suspended 2 year European ban and a hundred million Euro fine for incitement.
Ban for Foden for getting assaulted
Ban for Pep for leaving his technical area and invading the pitch
Ban for Grealish for having hair long enough to pull

Whats the odds ?

Reactions: mat
I’ve just watched the game again with the knowledge that we had come through… my observations? If that referee ever officiates at another important match like this again there is no justice in football. Disgraceful.
Their manager Simeone should be banned from the touch line for at least a season. He was beyond disgraceful, he was also disgusting!
Their players Savic and Felipe words fail me. (There’s a first!) Not even going there except that Phil Foden was lucky that Zinchenko was there to protect him as their player went in for a kick on his, already bandaged, head!

All in all a night to forget and put to one side as we gear up for the FA Cup semi-final.
AM should also be banned next season if they manage to get through. If not they should be banned the first season they get through again. JMHO

I don't understand why we panicked so badly in that 2nd half, our first half composure went out of the window and we resorted to aimless long balls up the pitch then invited wave after wave of attacks from Atletico.
Maybe we were intimidated by them I don't know but it's the first time in ages I've seen us rattled like that
It was quite late in the 2nd half when Ederson decided to go long. Due to the game being so erratic and Kyle Walker off with injury I think the idea (rightly or wrongly) was to try and take a bit of pressure off the back for a few minutes. Playing out from the back often works well when the game is played at a controlled pace, but Atletico had decided to push really high so it could've been a real problem. As such, I agree that the long balls didn't really help us, but I can sort of understand why Ederson tried this.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.