Atletico (A) - Post-Match Thread

A way to win. Jesus Christ.,this is the champions league. They are the Spanish champions and have a forward who they spunked 114 million on. It’s not an fa cup tie where a non league team is playing a prem team. How an ex pro can enjoy seeing Felipe and savic purposely go out to injure a fellow pro is beyond me.

am I being a touch over sensitive today. I don’t know. If posters think I am then please give me a nudge but I just can’t conform to the way of thinking that last night was somehow enjoyable or something that just happens in football.
there is something seriously wrong with the minds of those who are basically trying to tone down the criminality of the way Madrid played this game. They are champions of Spain, competed and beat the rags and dippers, but never approached the thuggish way they played last night. If they had, you can bet their would be a completely different approach to the way the media reported them. Can you imagine if the gurning clown at anfield had been the one with bottles thrown at him last night, it would be in rolling repeats on sky for the next six months with the ref and var not missing a single trick. To think City were fined for people throwing paper aeroplanes at one euro game, let's see how UEFA react to this.

When I saw the Gundo was captain ahead of KDB I thought is was a good move by Pep as the ref was German. In theory, German speaking German when it kicked off with the shithousery. In actuality it didn't make any difference as the ref was way out of his depth. He needed to lay down an early marker when Felipe assaulted Phil and drew blood from his head. Minimum yellow card would have helped later (maybe !!!)

De Bruyne speaks German too!

I’ve just watched the game again with the knowledge that we had come through… my observations? If that referee ever officiates at another important match like this again there is no justice in football. Disgraceful.
Their manager Simeone should be banned from the touch line for at least a season. He was beyond disgraceful, he was also disgusting!
Their players Savic and Felipe words fail me. (There’s a first!) Not even going there except that Phil Foden was lucky that Zinchenko was there to protect him as their player went in for a kick on his, already bandaged, head!

All in all a night to forget and put to one side as we gear up for the FA Cup semi-final.
AM should also be banned next season if they manage to get through. If not they should be banned the first season they get through again. JMHO

i keep reading posts and thinking am i being a bit soft as this type of shithouse play has gone on for years and why shouldnt a team try to battle through and win ugly as AM did.

But if we let a game go loose like this with a soft referee then what are we going to end up with ? Yes more shithouse play.... I found both games poor to watch from a football point of view, i like to see football and at the end of the day we play by football rules.

I found the way AM played was childish as much as cheating, we are in for some bad football if this slips through the net and come on uefa you are the self named biggest and the best.

Over the road we have another level of culture as in scouser, they will have loved last night because now we have a weakened & tired team for the fa cup semi. How they will rejoice in this as they like unfairness if it sides their way.

So all that last night did was kill the great game of football and leave a team that could play the game with grace on Saturday in a semi final weakened.

With the injuries sustained them fuckers have probably cost us everything . Kick them out .

No argument needed mate, it's all about opinions.

I'm nearly 30 years older than you, and no doubt have memories of teams, at all levels, that would make Atletico look like pussycats. Mike Summerbee and Co would have loved playing against them.

The European has changed. Not necessarily for the better in my opinion. It's too 'safe' and predictable nowadays in terms of 'protecting' the tournament's big name clubs.

Like I say, it's all about opinions. I enjoyed it, you didn't. The one thing that we must agree on is that it's great to see City in the semi finals!

Cheers!
Times have indeed changed, and for the better. City have an investment on that field of play into the 100s of millions. The last thing they, and hopefully us fans too, want to see is Stefan Savage and Co. kicking their investment in the head, leg, back, and not be punished for it.
Too many of the older generation mistake aggression for passion, and brutality for competitiveness.
What athletico did last night was mask their inability to fully compete with aggressive behaviour.

So it turns out we have a plan B: shithousery.

More seriously, I thought that was as brave a performance as I've ever seen from us. Forgetting how to play then toughing it out with everything stacked against us in the stadium.

Really proud of the lads these past 10 days or so.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.