Atletico (A) - Post-Match Thread

Commentary said three minutes added on, the screen said nine, the ref played twelve

And Simeone still bitched about it
I honestly can't see why time should be added on when the team that's losing behave in that manner. Fair enough adding time that we wasted but why should bad behaviour by Madrid be rewarded in that way.

Whilst I agree with some of this, the only really dangerous challenge for me was the initial one on Foden.

The rest of it was all hand bags mainly and people are getting carried away.

The boys on the pitch would have loved it.

I didn't have a lot of issues with it all, aside from the initial challenge and I really liked seeing the players rally together and stick up for team mates.

Not every match can be a free flowing festival of football.
You are looking from the comfy position of 'glorious victory hindsight'. But if Foden had gone off, and been out for the run in, and we lost, your position would be completely different.
Their players tagetted our creative players (kev with ankle injury, Phil with head in bandages). That says to me it was a concerted effort to stop football being played at City's level, and bring it down to Madrid level.
Football isn't all about silky skill, and pretty patterns, but if a game gets physical it should be reffed with player welfare in mind.

I think we beat them at their own game. If we were not ahead they would have been rolling around and time wasting to the limit. I think we did just that for the last 20 minutes. Foden’s roll was superb, and Savic‘s reaction was probably what everything City fan probably would want to do when we see any opposing player fake injury. Not saying Foden wasn’t hurt during the challenge because we don’t know but I suspect majority of those ”injuries“ we had towards the end were just wasting a little more time. Foden showed he has the maturity to match his skill the way he kept his composure for 90 minutes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.