Atletico (A) - Post-Match Thread

There were only two bad tackles over the two legs. There’s nothing wrong with the way Atlético played or play in general, I don’t think they’re a particularly dirty team, and other than Felipe none of their players did anything that dangerous (the mid-air late body check on Foden and the late challenge on Kev which were two dangerous tackles). They were a bit physical but nothing out of the ordinary.

What was funny was seeing their attitude unravel in front of our eyes because they couldn’t handle us playing them at their own game with diving, rolling around, wasting time, moaning at the ref, winding them up, laughing in their faces, calling them names, players rushing off the bench and running onto the pitch, manager laughing at their players, manager moaning at the ref and pointing at their bench… and making it all seem like it was them who were at fault because we did it in a way where we kept our cool and they lost the plot! That’s what they usually do and they couldn’t understand or accept us doing it back to them.

I reckon they’ll fucking hate us after last night!
Really like the 2nd part of this. We fought fire with fire when it was required and it worked a treat.

Our opponents losing their heads seems to be becoming a bit of a theme in European competition.

Boiling piss both at home and on the continent, love it.

He was raw. You could tell that he had a bit about him.
my expectation was to get a great centre half as he matured.

I’m not sure if the over aggressive nature could be coached out of him.
anyway, John Stones would always be ahead of him
That’s where we are now.

He is indecisive and poor in the air. He probably looks better at Athleti due to the defensive set-up.

As a club, I have no problem with Atletico. Their home support was amongst the best I've seen from any group of supporters. Far better that their cross city rivals who just wave white handkerchiefs when they don't like something.
As a team, they are a reflection of their manager and a bit of a throwback to the 1970s when physicality was seen as more important than skill. It made for an eventful game and other than two or three particularly bad challenges the rest was fair enough. I'm proud of our team standing up to those tactics and giving some shithousery back. Foden rolling on to the pitch was a particular favourite. Having said that I was watching from behind a net on the fourth tier so my view wasn't as good as those that watched it on TV.

Atlético's behaviour was appalling and Simeone's worse. It's the type of thing that leads to violence after the game.
They should be facing fines.

But personally thought Thiago's tackle on Kev and Fabinho's on Bernie were worse than any last night.

Really like the 2nd part of this. We fought fire with fire when it was required and it worked a treat.

Our opponents losing their heads seems to be becoming a bit of a theme in European competition.

Boiling piss both at home and on the continent, love it.
Reminded me of PSG last season when they lost their shit when they were facing defeat.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.