Atletico (A) - Post-Match Thread

You are Walter from 'Walter and the Softies' and I claim my £5.

Two Atletico players lost the plot and everyone screams 'cheating' and 'lawbreaking'.

There was hardly a strong tackle in the game and very few fouls. It was proper full-blooded football and a few tempers frayed.

If you think that was 'thuggery', you've most likely never played in a proper game of football in your life.

Stick to kick abouts in the park, you'll be safe there.
I don't hear any screams. I gave your £5 to an injured players fund. "you've most likely never played in a proper game of football in your life." what a presumptuously ignorantly arrogant comment to a complete stranger. 2 players committing cowardly acts of mindless thuggery have no place on a football pitch and lesser place being termed "passion".

I wish Rag fans threw more stuff at Simone now (note not charged yet). You just know UEFA will fine us as well for last night instead of looking at the real reason ie their awful ref appointment and failing to act on previous antics by Athletico

I wouldn't say that Atletico were unable to fully compete. They played very well for the majority of the second half and had us on the back foot many times. It brought the best out of our defenders, and made for a great game in my opinion.

Football isn't all about Fancy Dan pas pass pass possession stuff, it's a tough game that sorts men from boys. The fans in the stadium loved it, and made the ground a cauldron of noise. It meant so much to them. It was a proper battle.

Sport isn't meant to be pretty, and participants aren't meant to be wrapped in cotton wool. What we saw last night was genuine passion and two great rivals battling for a prize.

Proper football.
A line was crossed. A player could have got a serious injury, they didnt more by luck than design. At that point proper football can go fuck itself.

I think that’s a bit of an old fashioned way of thinking. Rugby league is played by absolute nutcases, but they still respect the refs (on the whole).
Id love to have the rugby union ref system in football (i haven't watched league but i assume its similar) open mic to the stadium video assistance watched by the referee on the big screen. There to assist the ref not only interviene when they deem it nessarsarry under specific weird rules e.g. Only on red cards if its a second yellow it doesnt matter etc.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.