Atletico (A) - Post-Match Thread

Athletico are fucking animals. Should be banned from all Euro comps next season and retrospective individual match bans for some of their players too.
You're absolutely right they should be but I fear @stan bowles is right as we all know what UEFA are like. We will probably both receive a fine for the tunnel incident. If they don't clamp down heavily on Atletico this time the next team they assault could end up with serious injuries.

Take a look at the caff. On the whole, they're suppirting us.

I can't bring myself

I rarely get resentful over football but Christ Almighty I'm glad we knocked them lot out tonight. Thuggish behaviour from a lot their players, traits no doubt engendered after spending so much time with their anti-football, sorry excuse of a football coach. There's a reason no other club has tried to tempt him from Atleti; he's an arsehole with far too much pent-up aggression who buys into the pantomime villain act. Anyway, what's done is done, we're through so it's assignment complete.

On ourselves, we were resilient and showed a hitherto unseen side of our game tonight, which was nice to see. However, we're going to have to improve hundred-fold if we want to finally lift the curse this season. Allowances can be made for tonight's performance given the type of opponent we were up against, but there were times again where we worked the ball in dangerous areas but had nobody there to capitalise; it's become an all too familiar theme. I'm hoping between now and the final (assuming of course we navigate Madrid, which will be an extremely difficult tie) Pep decides on a definitive front three and plays them every game, getting them on the same wavelength and playing them into clinical form. It's worrisome that he's still none the wiser as to his best front three.

CTID

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.