Atletico (A) - Post-Match Thread

And Rio praised that bunch of violent, cheating, hair pulling CUNTS! Our greatest ever performance if you ask me. Loved it when we gave them a taste of their own medicine in the dying minutes. Ferna was superb in those last moments. Every player beyond outstanding. That result took bottle.

Also cannot believe that gbh on Foden early doors wasnt carded. Mahrez pass down the wing to Walker was the pass of the century, absolutely brilliant City. Well played in what was a cauldron atmosphere. Fantastic composure.
BBC have already rewritten history on that

‘after his initial foul for drawing blood from Foden’s head brought a card, his red was inevitable’ or words to that effect (read it a while ago)

They got him bad though.

Attachments

• IMG-a45bfa7ccb38db4e5fa66f6a4121e209-V.jpg
    IMG-a45bfa7ccb38db4e5fa66f6a4121e209-V.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 89
He got a touch on the ball but then clattered the man. In this day and age we got a little lucky the ref didnt give it….
Nah, not for me. That was my point, if that's City, then they are only interested if they get even the slightest touch on the ball. It wouldn't even be a small talking point after the game and they'd be dismissing it during the game to make sure it wasn't. We need to stop letting them off the hook on these double standards.

Wasn't even a pen without the touch on the ball for me, just a scramble and coming together, their player never really looked in control of the ball at any point and he was just going for the ball. Hoddle was talking shite.

Anyway, a minor annoyance which we should just ignore. City were the worthy winners of the tie by a mile.

Last edited:
I mean we had 3 shots on target in about 200mins of football vs him so what's that say about us if he's so bad?
I suppose it means we're really bad going forward and we can't score for toffee and we're really shit and Savic is a really accomplished defender who isn't fucking shite and his disciplinary misdemeanours, his shite mistimed tackles, his fucking awful positioning and inability to read the game mean that we're terrible FFS

On a note about the game itself, how on god’s earth did Jack not actually make the pitch? We were incapable of keeping possession yet never sorted it. So much wrong with the game by us it was incredible.
Part of me thinks Pep took a big gamble with Liverpool in mind and just decided to hope we could hang in there based on Atletico's non-performances in the three halves that preceded it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.