Atletico (A) - Post-Match Thread

Just happy that Diego Costa isn't part of these right now. Shit would have hit the fan.

My favourite performance in a long time...

It showed we have that in our locker. Add a decent finisher and we nick these games. I hope we do the same on Saturday, surprise Liverpool with a rope a dope.

It looked to me like: City foot came forward, Madrid foot went forward and grounded against the City foot sending the player over.
In the close melee with the ball pinballing around, would have been a stretch to say it was a clear foul. One-on-one, and it could well have been.
Like I say, before that I could have sworn I saw a slight touch on the ball from the defender(Cancelo was it?), the ball clearly has a slight change of direction. It's the fact that Hoddle was sure enough to say there was no touch on the ball, he's not saying that if it's a London club. He'd say he needed a better angle or some such and then "there's not enough in it".

Last edited:
But it's the referees job to get him to leave.
If a player is gonna drag his feet and try and summon up all and sundry in an attempt to have the red card rescinded the ref can't do much. It's upto Uefa now to ban him for a substantial number of games for refusing to leave the field of play! The fellah is just a typical football thug too often seen in these teams who seem to think that the LotG are a mirror of how they play and what they dole out. Savic should have gone, too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.