Atletico (A) - Post-Match Thread

Sometimes signings just don’t work out for whatever reasons.

My overriding memories of him were he was soft as shit and was a defender that couldn’t defend. He has shown over the years that isn’t the case and in that Atletico side he is more than capable.

I think there was no real hard feelings or animosity from City fans toward him but that tonight was disgusting. I am all for a player showing heart and fighting for the team (I encourage it) but for me, him behaving like that was way over the line. It felt like his actions towards Foden and Sterling were in the heat of the moment (it happens) but the Grealish stuff doesn’t feel football related at all.
Slavic was out of control....I was wondering if he’d taken something

Reactions: Ant
Assuming no repercussions (bans) for any indiscretions in the tunnel, I think the manner of that performance will be so much more beneficial than a comfortable 5-0 aggregate win.

Some hairy moments, but the team stood up in adversity, and stayed strong when things were going against us. Genuinely don't think I have seen that from us in the last 5 years.

I was expecting a rotated side on Saturday anyway, so let's see who's available.

I feel better about Saturday than I did before the game.

Up the blues.

I wrote this earlier today in the pre match thread....

I'm seeing far to much confidence from City fans on social media about this match.

Comments about "how we can beat Real Madrid" and "how well be facing the scouse cocks in the FINAL!!"

Look!! I'm warning you nobs now!! DO NOT SMITE AND POKE FUN AT THE FOOTBALLING GODS!!

For your sins I'm off to dance naked around a small fire on cronkeyshaw Common, whilst praying and paying hommage to the Gods of Football, hopefully undoing this curse you feckers have put on tonight's game, with you over confident manner.....

***I'm adding a "winking emoji" so none of the BM perverts spend a wasted afternoon looking for a naked bloke dancing around a fire...You know who you are....Karen!!

Edit, l cant add an winking emoji because Ric (our leader) is way too fookin tight.....Its probably because he's paying to much to those thundercunt hammer banning mods....

Anyways hope I haven't offended anyone?

;^)

I reckon you shithouses owe me some charcoal, a new pair of underpants and a tube of Savlon soothing cream after one of my bollocks caught fire....

It’s the first time in a long time I have seen Man City lose complete control of the game, we are used to city getting beat but still being the team with most possession and still creating the chances.
No idea what happened to silva, gundo tonight but they was way off the pace.

it’s easy to say well done to city tonight for the fight but they could of easily conceded 3 or 4 goals tonight. Luckily for us A Madrid couldn’t finish.

brilliant result ofcourse and that is all what counts. But I think maybe the occasion got to the lads which is a little worrying since we got real next.
Atletico had 2 shots on target. That's how good defensively we were.

Mine too, showed the side I thought we were missing, what a team and an example to any kid watching!

The United league cup game last January changed something. That game was the beginning of the Zinchenko-Dias-Stones-Walker back 4 really becoming a unit and we developed a much tougher skin, became much more resiliant when teams got on top of us.

Then the Dortmund and PSG ties last season continued that, we took big hits and stayed on our feet, and weathered PSG's meltdown without losing our heads.

Tonight was just a reminder it's still there with or without Dias on the pitch.

This side has been hardened through experience and winning.

brilliant result ofcourse and that is all what counts. But I think maybe the occasion got to the lads which is a little worrying since we got real next.
Beat Real after going 1-0 down, at theres in 2020. Its not something most of the squad haven't experienced.

Delighted with the win, disgusted at their antics, but I feel very strongly that tonight might well have cost us Saturday’s semi final. Three high intensity games like that in 6 days will be a lot to ask, especially with a couple of injuries, and the drop off in our quality in the second half tonight showed that’s already happening.

Im still proud of the lads for sticking together and getting through and I’d prefer to have won this one that Saturday if it came down to it.

Atletico had 2 shots on target. That's how good defensively we were.

our midfield was non existent, we was misplacing passes everywhere. We played like Burnley tonight.

I actually forgot mahrez was on the pitch tonight too.
Kyle Walker was having a bad game up untill the injury.
foden had a quiet night till the last 10 minutes.
Stones and ake was brilliant.

play like we did tonight against real and they will punish us

It’s the first time in a long time I have seen Man City lose complete control of the game, we are used to city getting beat but still being the team with most possession and still creating the chances.
No idea what happened to silva, gundo tonight but they was way off the pace.

it’s easy to say well done to city tonight for the fight but they could of easily conceded 3 or 4 goals tonight. Luckily for us A Madrid couldn’t finish.

They created next to no clear cut chances, their best one was the one where Stones blocked the shot. Ederson was behind him with nothing to do. City gave up possession in the second half because they were being outworked but they still kept them to half chances. It's not like Atletico don't have world class players. I don't see where the surprise is given the game City played at the weekend. There was just one half in the whole tie where their energy dropped. Don't you think you might be overreacting/looking for something to worry about?

They handled the occasion brilliantly in respect of the schedule and the antics from the opposition to unsettle them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.