Atletico (A) - Post-Match Thread

Just hope Kev and Kyle are ok and back for the semi finals. Got to be honest, hope we play the kids on the weekend, got real potential to win the 2 big ones this year.

Athletico were disgusting tonight and behaved like a gang of thugs. Felipe should have been sent off in the first half and Savic was like an out of control animal. How can you drag an injured player off the pitch, head but an opponent, pull an opponent’s hair and only get a yellow card? Thought our lads did well to keep their composure and glad they got the result they deserved. Lots of tired legs and a couple of injuries tonight. Hope that this does not hinder us on Saturday. Athletico should get charged for their outrageous behaviour.

The United league cup game last January changed something. That game was the beginning of the Zinchenko-Dias-Stones-Walker back 4 really becoming a unit and we developed a much tougher skin, became much more resiliant when teams got on top of us.

Then the Dortmund and PSG ties last season continued that, we took big hits and stayed on our feet, and weathered PSG's meltdown without losing our heads.

Tonight was just a reminder it's still there with or without Dias on the pitch.

This side has been hardened through experience and winning.
Pep spent a few years talking about how City needed to be more experienced to win the CL even during our higher performance seasons. It feels like what we're seeing these past two seasons is what he meant

our midfield was non existent, we was misplacing passes everywhere. We played like Burnley tonight.

I actually forgot mahrez was on the pitch tonight too.
Kyle Walker was having a bad game up untill the injury.
foden had a quiet night till the last 10 minutes.
Stones and ake was brilliant.

play like we did tonight against real and they will punish us
Points all taken. But we will have rested by the time the Real game comes around. It'll be a different game entirely than this.

Just want to add Guillieme Ballage or how ever his name is spelled is a wanker. Calling Phil out for the dark arts and time waisting. Henry rubbished the claims, said it’s a stupid debate.

He was fucking dogshit at City. However, in recent years I had found myself thinking fair play to the lad for making a go of it and forging a good career for himself. Now I hope he gets run over by a rusty lawnmower. Ugly ****.
Great post! Rusty lawnmower :)

Yeah I have to agree on Savic, former blue or not, he was targetting Foden from the first half and should have had his first yellow much much sooner(the intent and constant infringement of the rules, pushing, shoving, verbally getting at him etc). Then he escaped a definite red. Doesn't matter how much force you use when you are yanking peoples hair and forcing your head into their face... In Spanish football there's no way he stays on the pitch.
Both legs Savic was running around after the ref like a fucking weasel trying to get our players booked and trying g to stop his teammates getting booked. He acted like a prime **** for 180 minutes.

Their players were diving and rolling around all first leg so we did it back to them tonight and Savic couldn’t handle it. Foden was fucking superb with that extra five rolls back onto the pitch, give them their own medicine Phil lad!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.