Atletico (H) | CL QF 1st Leg | Post Match Thread

left posting last night to understand and take it all in ?

1st thing is atletico will do anything to get a result ? cheat kick pull shirts waste time (dirty leeds of the 1970s)
2nd thing is pep's brain freeze again over thinking it ? just let them play and the start best 11

but the officials and the referee letting them get away with cheating and only 2 minutes of injury time ?
the game itself was a hard watch and if only we had a striker to play the lines and something for KDB to hit

would have took any sort of win before kick off and they have to come out at their place and city will score over there maybe we will find it better in the away leg and pep can relax and go for the kill

Boring tactics from Atletico last night but Simeone knows they can't compete by pushing players further up the pitch.
Next week i expect them to play a similar game first half to try & keep it to 1-0. When they do start to take some risks i'd expect us to pick them off & add more goals.

left posting last night to understand and take it all in ?

1st thing is atletico will do anything to get a result ? cheat kick pull shirts waste time (dirty leeds of the 1970s)
2nd thing is pep's brain freeze again over thinking it ? just let them play and the start best 11

but the officials and the referee letting them get away with cheating and only 2 minutes of injury time ?
the game itself was a hard watch and if only we had a striker to play the lines and something for KDB to hit

would have took any sort of win before kick off and they have to come out at their place and city will score over there maybe we will find it better in the away leg and pep can relax and go for the kill
The only way we possibly lose next week is if we have less than 11 players on the pitch.

This^^^
It reminded me of a game of human table football. No space, no attacking intentions and no ambition by Atletico. I feel sorry for their fans watching that shite every week. Felix must think 'what the fuck am I doing here'.
Didn’t Rodri say something to that effect when he left them?

To be fair there was no space anywhere in that first half. Very hard to attack two banks of five and defenders who spring out and then get pulled back into shape like they’re on a tightly wound coil!
I thought we played well, keeping the ball moving to get them tired, which they did, as gaps started to appear in the second half.
the Speed of transition from flank to flank was a bit slow at times. Quicker would have exploited the admittedly limited space there was. I though we played well too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.