Atmosphere - 2023/24

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
Wasn't there as usual for the CL games so I shouldn't really comment but, I'm not sure singing the swamp is falling down when 2 nil is the best idea in the world.
That song and the "Champions Again" song are having a dampening effect on the atmosphere. They really aren't songs to rally the team or to raise the rest of the crowd. They have become the go-to songs for the south stand since the derby, mainly at the wrong times.

Wasn't there as usual for the CL games so I shouldn't really comment but, I'm not sure singing the swamp is falling down when 2 nil is the best idea in the world.
love that chant me..........most around me didn't know the words to that....or anything else.

I did try a "shal la la la summerbee" chant

no one joined in

Season ticket holders just don’t attend champions league games. Maybe it’s because it’s midweek or they’re just a lack of interest. The fa cup crowds are very different - lots more season ticket holders, long standing fans attending - probably to do with the prices and that most are at the weekend.

This is true, apart from 4/5 people on my row who are season ticket holders, everyone else was a tourist with H&H scarves around them.

Just imagine if they played european fixtures at the weekend? Like they do in Rugby Union. Maybe more season ticket holders would attend.

That song and the "Champions Again" song are having a dampening effect on the atmosphere. They really aren't songs to rally the team or to raise the rest of the crowd. They have become the go-to songs for the south stand since the derby, mainly at the wrong times.
You know Dave, I was thinking of you as I posted my comment.

I'm normally a believer of sing what you want when you want but yeah the champs again one needs to be sung when we're coasting not fighting.

Champions again is the perfect chant for the stadium to join in with easy to learn and catchy

It’s fine when we are 3-0 up but it doesn’t work when the team need a lift.
you were lucky anyone at all did any chanting last night.....most were sat eating hot dogs, on phones , taking selfies, recording shyte or just asleep. Or kids on free school tickets fucking about.

you were lucky anyone at all did any chanting last night.....most were sat eating hot dogs, on phones , taking selfies, recording shyte or just asleep. Or kids on free school tickets fucking about.
I wouldn't have expected much of at atmosphere last night to be honest but Saturday was a lot shitter than the last early kick off against Liverpool. Song choice is not the only thing but it does matter. The singing areas set the tone early on. Crowd psycology kicks in and people, rightly or wrongly, in the upper tiers decide "Nobody is singing aroudn me today". A few Blue Moons, Best Team in the Lands, Come on City, Hey Judes, We're not Really HEre, etc early on get everyone up for it. I'd put Rythmn is a Dancer in that category now too but it took some time. The concourse songs from the off just don't get taken up.

If you watch the United final or Madrid and Arsenal home, listen to what gets sung in those games.

I wouldn't have expected much of at atmosphere last night to be honest but Saturday was a lot shitter than the last early kick off against Liverpool. Song choice is not the only thing but it does matter. The singing areas set the tone early on. Crowd psycology kicks in and people, rightly or wrongly, in the upper tiers decide "Nobody is singing aroudn me today". A few Blue Moons, Best Team in the Lands, Come on City, Hey Judes, We're not Really HEre, etc early on get everyone up for it. I'd put Rythmn is a Dancer in that category now too but it took some time. The concourse songs from the off just don't get taken up.

If you watch the United final or Madrid and Arsenal home, listen to what gets sung in those games.
we should have our own block....I'll vet who comes in.............you can be bouncer.

No singing out you go. Anyone shouting "sit down" gets a good hiding

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.