Atmosphere - 2023/24

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
Every stadium is struggling at the minute with atmosphere. Just look at away fans that come they are silent. Liverpool were piss poor last week until they scored.

The CL home games have been relatively cheap, so anyone who wants to go, can get get a ticket without too much effort.

However, for whatever reason, a lot of the PL regulars don't bother, and it didn't help last night that it was also freezing, and we'd already qualified.

I'm not sure how that helps the atmosphere, but then again, I'm 100% convinced that given the same circumstances, it wouldn't have been any better at the swamp or Anfield.

Last edited:
I had Belgian fans infront of me unhappy of Grealish playing and kept chanting Doku Doku Doku.
I'm not a regular matchgoer but I did put the hard yards in bitd and am thankful that I got to experience the 70's/80's.
Went last night and, other than the lad who kindly sorted me a ticket (he's an old school blue from Weston-super-Mare), I spoke to 3people, first a Canadian on the spiral pre-game, he came over for the Liverpool game and last night's, was flying back today, Toronto supporters club member and a true blue.
After the game I walked into town and went in Wetherspoons for a pint, chatted with a Swansea fan who travelled up for their game at Leeds tonight, said he fancied taking in another game to make the trip better for him and his lad, considered Burton v Portsmouth and Port Vale v Derby, noticed we were playing and rang the club, got tickets no problem, so although not a blue he's a proper football lad.

Lastly, got off the train at Heald Green and a young woman who'd missed the Gatley stop was stuck and had no idea how to get home, she's from Chile, has come here to study English and only arrived 2 weeks ago, she and all her family back home are blues and this was her first game. Anyway I sorted her a taxi and waited til it came.

Bit of a ramble but that probably sums up where we are at as a club due to the success, worldwide appeal and everyone wants to get the matchday experience, fuck knows what they would've made of Maine Rd in the 70's, doubt any of them would've wanted to come back, well maybe the Swansea lad, he knew the score.

Thousands of free school tickets last night.....the away section in level 3 was rammed with them.

Loads of cheap tickets were available mate....try getting one if you can off here
My sister used to go to all CL games and cup games as she could always get tickets for the family. She could get all 3 tickets on her membership card. This year she would have had to buy 3 memberships at not inconsiderable cost so she has binned it off. They then give tickets away to kids etc. bonkers.

I'm not a regular matchgoer but I did put the hard yards in bitd and am thankful that I got to experience the 70's/80's.
Went last night and, other than the lad who kindly sorted me a ticket (he's an old school blue from Weston-super-Mare), I spoke to 3people, first a Canadian on the spiral pre-game, he came over for the Liverpool game and last night's, was flying back today, Toronto supporters club member and a true blue.
After the game I walked into town and went in Wetherspoons for a pint, chatted with a Swansea fan who travelled up for their game at Leeds tonight, said he fancied taking in another game to make the trip better for him and his lad, considered Burton v Portsmouth and Port Vale v Derby, noticed we were playing and rang the club, got tickets no problem, so although not a blue he's a proper football lad.

Lastly, got off the train at Heald Green and a young woman who'd missed the Gatley stop was stuck and had no idea how to get home, she's from Chile, has come here to study English and only arrived 2 weeks ago, she and all her family back home are blues and this was her first game. Anyway I sorted her a taxi and waited til it came.

Bit of a ramble but that probably sums up where we are at as a club due to the success, worldwide appeal and everyone wants to get the matchday experience, fuck knows what they would've made of Maine Rd in the 70's, doubt any of them would've wanted to come back, well maybe the Swansea lad, he knew the score.
Quite a fascinating post, that shows how things are changing.

Maybe we long-serving City fans haven't quite grasped how the club is developing. Success breeds interest, and that's just how it is. The world is much smaller these days and people who support football seem to be increasingly international in their outcome. Those of us who grew up within sight of the Maine Road floodlights will increasingly be a minority.

Last night was horrific, but not sure what people expect. The game didn't have too much on the line. The group stages of the champions league are quite boring for us because we always qualify easily.

I was in my usual seat and honestly, I recognised 2 people on the rows around me. No regulars there. Let's not blame the tourists because if it wasn't for them the stadium would have been empty!!

Leipzig fans were the worst European supporters I've seen at the Etihad.

The regulars around 115 were doing our best to get it going, but many there didn't know any words (or didn't want to get involved in singing).

Let's move on.... Sunday will be better.
Well, that was because of this:

Have to translate it.

Those moaning about the atmosphere last night and complaining its full of tourista are actually moaning about where we are at as a club.
Without the tourists last night thered have only been about 30,000. Then youd moan about that too.

Where are all the regular prem match goers? Still sulking with uefa and refusing to go?

Maybe grow up and enjoy these times

Those moaning about the atmosphere last night and complaining its full of tourista are actually moaning about where we are at as a club.
Without the tourists last night thered have only been about 30,000. Then youd moan about that too.

Where are all the regular prem match goers? Still sulking with uefa and refusing to go?

Maybe grow up and enjoy these times
30,000 is probably our core support. Me one of them.

First sign of relegation we'll be back to that

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.