Atmosphere - 2023/24

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
Did anyone see the Asian guy streaming the game on tik tok and doing his own commentary throughout the game?

Did anyone see the Asian guy streaming the game on tik tok and doing his own commentary throughout the game?

Didn't see him, but got interviewed outside the ground by a Japanese streaming channel asking me if I'd like to see City sign Mitoma.
I'd just finished eating a Pancho's burrito and had food all round my chops so was somewhat taken by surprise!

Me too. Ive always said when we won the league in 68 we average about 30k, when we were in div 3 we also averaged about 30k. So theres our core support!

Out of 5 of us who have had season tickets together for 30 years only 2 of us are in the champs league cup scheme. The other 3 basically cant be bothered, although they did a few years back.

So we can blame tourists all we want but we also have to look closer to home
Yep.

I know plenty of affluent Season Ticket holders, who were also regulars in 98-99, but for all manner of reasons, simply can't be arsed with the Champions League.

I'm not so sure about the size of our hardcore support as despite us all pining for the good old days of cheap football, the Premier League is boasting higher attendances than ever.
Compare that to the mid 80s,when most clubs were averaging less than 30,000 despite the price for my first ever Adult Kippax Season Ticket (£20) in 81-82 costing not much more than a weekend on the lash (roughly 70p a pint in the early 80s)

Also, our attendances were all over the place in the late 60s, the best example being 1969, when after beating Leicester in the FA Cup Final, we still had 3 midweek home fixtures to rearrange.
If we had lost in the Third Round, then all those games would have been contested on a Saturday, and City would have probably recorded a much higher average attendance.

I'm not a regular matchgoer but I did put the hard yards in bitd and am thankful that I got to experience the 70's/80's.
Went last night and, other than the lad who kindly sorted me a ticket (he's an old school blue from Weston-super-Mare), I spoke to 3people, first a Canadian on the spiral pre-game, he came over for the Liverpool game and last night's, was flying back today, Toronto supporters club member and a true blue.
After the game I walked into town and went in Wetherspoons for a pint, chatted with a Swansea fan who travelled up for their game at Leeds tonight, said he fancied taking in another game to make the trip better for him and his lad, considered Burton v Portsmouth and Port Vale v Derby, noticed we were playing and rang the club, got tickets no problem, so although not a blue he's a proper football lad.

Lastly, got off the train at Heald Green and a young woman who'd missed the Gatley stop was stuck and had no idea how to get home, she's from Chile, has come here to study English and only arrived 2 weeks ago, she and all her family back home are blues and this was her first game. Anyway I sorted her a taxi and waited til it came.

Bit of a ramble but that probably sums up where we are at as a club due to the success, worldwide appeal and everyone wants to get the matchday experience, fuck knows what they would've made of Maine Rd in the 70's, doubt any of them would've wanted to come back, well maybe the Swansea lad, he knew the score.

great post and true it shows where we are at now as a fanbase.

I truly feel if we were still at Maine Road we wouldn't have been bought by our owners or even the owner before them

My sister used to go to all CL games and cup games as she could always get tickets for the family. She could get all 3 tickets on her membership card. This year she would have had to buy 3 memberships at not inconsiderable cost so she has binned it off. They then give tickets away to kids etc. bonkers.

Very true.

Well, that was because of this:

Have to translate it.

They are deemed crap in Germany aswell tbh

I got off the train at half past midnight in Leeds. It was full of Blues including groups of young Asian women students. Everyone seemed pleased about being a good game and victory, even though it was freezing. Our support continues to grow and the more the merrier IMHO.

Last edited:
These are the kind of games where tourists should be welcomed and encouraged to come by the Club, not vs Liverpool in a title race. For a multitude of reasons, a lot of PL ST holders don't go to these group games, so have no issue with coach loads of kids being given tickets for these kind of games as it is exactly the kind of games that should be used for that kind of thing, when the alternative would be empty seats.

Whilst we're all having a little moan, that announcer has to go. Talk about not being able to read a room, yesterday during the teamsheet he sings "Bernardooo" and is met with complete silence. Just awkward for everyone.

I don't mind when he shouts Erling and we all shout Haaland, but why does he repeat himself 4 times. Call me a miserable tosser, but I can't stand him

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.