Atmosphere - 2023/24

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
I’m absolutely convinced if the fans had bothered to really raise the roof we’d have won at least two of the games we drew.

When our twelfth man was needed this year he was either sitting sulking in the stand or getting another beer.

Or sat at home like me :(

You got me intrigued now for what it costs us (me and four kids with season tickets)

Tickets £1250/19 = £66
Fuel - £80
Food and drink £30 (KFC on the way home, don’t buy anything in or around the ground)
Parking - £10

So £184 a home game. Times 19 that’s £3496 a season for league games. Throw in 4/5 cup games too…

Best hope my wife never reads this.
Fair play to you mate, I counted once at end of season, its an obscene amount of money for 4 of us

Hi Tim, I'm a matchday purchaser, so I know where to get tickets on tout sites if I don't get them direct. Livefootball tickets is the biggest, but not the only one, they currently have 976 left for Chelsea, and 892 on sale for United at home. On the week of the Spurs game they had hundreds still on sale, the screenshot attached is from 27th November, they were still advertising 934 tickets to the sold out Spurs game the following Sunday, they don't all shift, and then we've empty seats at a "sold out" game. The tickets they have are in various parts of the ground, but a big chunk of what they sell are in level 3, at the back. You'll see chunks of empty seats at sold out games, I've been sat up there loads of times, many empty seats, and very few passionate City fans around me. Liverpool at home was so frustrating, empties all around me, and loads of Scousers. I might be wrong that the Club are using the agencies, but they seem to have so many tickets, and in blocks. I've seen them list huge numbers of tickets for a big game, see another screenshot attached from 27th November advertising 3,774 for the "sold out" Chelsea home game.
These are not being sold as hospitality with food, just straightforward match tickets at inflated prices. Don't be fooled by the headline price, that's the absolutely cheapest seat they have and before adding processing fees etc.

Blues who have loyalty points and memberships can't get seats together (or any seats) for Chelsea at home, but a tout site had 3,700 on sale? I also don't believe that they are spoofing big numbers, they only have 66 left for Sheffield United.
I feel bad that I'm kinda actually advertising this ticket availability, and desperate fans might use them to buy at inflated prices, but all these tickets should be sold to qualifying members, real City fans, at face value. Rant over!
Thanks Greenandblue for your informative response. I don’t know whether these tickets are coming from the Club or other sources. I sense that a lot of touts have bought season cards up over the years but I might be wrong. We are certainly more attractive to touts and possibly City sales execs, trying to make the club catch up with rivals in the match day ticket revenue stakes.

It’s a bit of a Catch 22 with seats left empty. I run a fairly big Supporters Club and always try to ensure that any spares due to illness / absence are used, either through other members and the ticket exchange. The only exception to this was Crystal Palace at home where I was left with 2 tickets that didn’t get used. One biggest a scanned ticket code on an iPhone that are no longer guaranteed to work and I didn’t want someone travelling to the match and finding they couldn’t get in. The second ticket I had bought for a mate’s son who decided not to go late in the day. He transferred the ticket back to me but it wouldn’t transfer on. I would have gone to the ticket office to sort but I had enough hassles with my season card not showing in my electronic wallet.

The point I am making is that City might be adapting the electronic ticket system with good intentions but it makes it hard for Blues who are trying hard to help other fans get affordable tickets to continue to do so.

Another factor is there are loads of drop outs on the day. I know this from looking at the Man City face Value Ticket Page. I’ve sorted Indaparkside a ticket off there this morning for £24. Obviously, they would be more expensive for bigger games but I sold2 tickets for Joes vs Liverpool for £70 on the day of the game after their car broke down. In the last I’ve laid a fortune off touts to get family into key games but I wound t do that now. Especially, having a better idea of how tickets can become available.

I don’t understand why anyone looking to lay face value for home games wouldn’t join an Official Supporters Club Branch. Except if people have to go in the Family Stand or can only be on tier 1 for health reasons. There’s no guarantee of tickets through the OSC route but it’s better to exhaust options and only use tours, if ever, in extreme cases.

Liverpool and Tottenham. Better support in the second half of both games could have ensured we carried our first half performances into the second half.

It’s only my opinion but when our levels have dropped on the field this year the fans could have helped.
I agree Mike. I think we would be about 6 points better off if our support this season matched last year’s Etihad atmosphere. I am including Palace in that.

I’m absolutely convinced if the fans had bothered to really raise the roof we’d have won at least two of the games we drew.

When our twelfth man was needed this year he was either sitting sulking in the stand or getting another beer.
Very true, or sneaking out to beat the travel chaos

Liverpool and Tottenham. Better support in the second half of both games could have ensured we carried our first half performances into the second half.

It’s only my opinion but when our levels have dropped on the field this year the fans could have helped.
Spurs we should have sealed the game before half time Haaland guilty of missing a sitter plus numerous other chances spurned. Liverpool were poor scored with their only real shot on target. Don’t think the fans going bonkers for 90 minutes would have improved matters.

You can’t blame the fans for the abject collapse against Palace, the players are entirely to blame for that debacle.

Pairs of tickets going for £50 to £60 on Man City Face Value Tickets and Travel Page, if that helps Blues who haven’t got tickets. Make sure you ask for people to vouch for the seller.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.