Atmosphere - 2023/24

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
It’s a valid comment that many blues have mentioned in the past. It’s actually true with most away support tbh but for some reason City fans get proper arsey when the manager brings it up.
He was paying the supporters a huge compliment, there’s no need to use it as a stick to beat him with.

Manchester isn’t the poorest place ever. More and more business moves in and tower blocks go up. It’s becoming gentrified and there’s money available to those who work.

We were a single parent family after my dad passed away. I first began to attend based down in Hereford getting the train up and paying to go with my wages. I’ve never received a penny from the club and neither would I expect to.

All this romance about being working class and having nothing. It was bollocks and I knew some truly awful people. There’s no onus on a business like City to reward anyone. Find the money like I did.
Find the money? Didn’t you just get a decent whack for selling the family home down south?
Your bitching about Manchester was one of the reasons you changed your previous username wasn’t it? I suggest you don’t go back down that road.

I think Pep is entitled to say whatever he wants about our home atmosphere.

Those of us trying to build it are pissing in the wind when 80% of the ground sit in complete silence - they're the ones he's talking too! Pep is very smart and knows how to get the best out of everyone - these prods guilt trip fans into being noisier, which helps the team!

I

ve had enough shit there over the decades to call them worse than that. They are better now but used to be awful
Absolutely correct, goodison was a really nasty place to go back in the 80's.

If you ask any Black football fan, who followed first division football in the 80's, where the worst place to go in terms of racist abuse, they'll all tell you Goodison or Anfield.

Horrible bastards, both of them

Great to read that.

Once again saying our home support is poor, when in reality it is no worse than any other home support given the match and the scoreline.

And let's be honest, Everton don't have a great home support. They may shout, scream, and moan a lot at the officials, but their chants are limited to Everton, Everton, Everton and one or two other chants sporadically. Yet according to quite a few atmosphere experts in the football media, Goodison Park is a cauldron of noise all the time, which it certainly isn't.

The weird thing is that not a single player has criticised the atmosphere at The Etihad. I'd say it's the exact opposite. They refer to it as a fortress and they feel unbeatable at home. Now that has to be, in no small way, down to us supporters. I think players understand (more than Pep it seems) that it can't be the same level for Palace in the league as it is for RM in the CL semi-final. The players raise their game, the supporters do likewise. The players are flat, its reflected on the terraces. It is what it is. The players respect us, and they are the ones doing it on the pitch. Haaland, Jack, KDB seem to buzz off the home support...and the achievements of the last few years prove that. Sergio, Vinnie, Merlin have all felt the love and have bonds with City that will never be broken.

Ironically, the league this season, will probably come down to our remaining away results, with Spuds and a visit to Clanfield to come. It stands to reason therefore, that the away support will be far more critical than at home, and we have the best away fans, bar none.

So thats it, 4 in a row.

If only it was that simple.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.