Atmosphere - 2023/24

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
If you’ve never watched a Roma match at the Stadio Olimpico on the TV, this is a video of the Roma fans singing the club anthem (our Blue Moon equivalent) without any music or speakers drowning it out. It starts a few minutes before kick off and carries on for a few minutes after the game has started. Fantastic.

Sounds louder on the video than in the ground. Its a great chant though

I’ve long advocated we ditch the fast version of Blue Moon. It’s utter cheese fest, I don’t know anyone over the age of 7 who doesn’t hate it.

On a wider point, they need to leave us be, sack off the ear splitting PA system and let us at least try to build an atmosphere organically.

Talking of cheese fests I wonder whether anybody has opted out of any of the cup schemes to avoid the light shows. hahaha. There's bound to be one.

Whether you like flags or not, or if you think they make a difference or not, I thought the flags all around St James Park at the start of the match looked great. It’s such a shame all the flags and banners at the Etihad have now gone. And what we have left is nothing but mini digital flags on the L2 advertising boards.

Just turned over from United V Spurs where the 2nd half was played in near silence to Fiorentina V Udinese. it's 1-1 and the atmosphere is brilliant. Udinese have just scored. The stadium has gone quiet. The singing has picked up again.

Just turned over from United V Spurs where the 2nd half was played in near silence to Fiorentina V Udinese. it's 1-1 and atmosphere is brilliant. Udinese have just scored. The stadium has gone quiet. The singing has picked up again.
I have a scan over social media after an away day. Other supporters are generally complimentary about our away support, but it’s staggering how bad the takes are on our home atmosphere. Granted, we know ourselves it could be better, but fans of other clubs genuinely talk through their arse like atmospheres are better at their own grounds. Today and most weeks the OT atmosphere is poor, same goes for Anfield, Chelsea, even Villa and Newcastle are always built up to be some cauldrons of passion yet they’re no better than the Etihad. It pisses me off how this has reached mythical proportions now, just like the empty seats myth which social media simpletons still peddle as fact.

I have a scan over social media after an away day. Other supporters are generally complimentary about our away support, but it’s staggering how bad the takes are on our home atmosphere. Granted, we know ourselves it could be better, but fans of other clubs genuinely talk through their arse like atmospheres are better at their own grounds. Today and most weeks the OT atmosphere is poor, same goes for Anfield, Chelsea, even Villa and Newcastle are always built up to be some cauldrons of passion yet they’re no better than the Etihad. It pisses me off how this has reached mythical proportions now, just like the empty seats myth which social media simpletons still peddle as fact.
I generally accept that people who comment on our home support have never set foot in the Etihad, and most of them have never been to a game.

Pretty much all of the away fans I've spoken to who've been to the Etihad have told me that whilst it's definitely not perfect it's certainly better than the atmosphere of other top 6 clubs like Rags and Dippers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.