Atmosphere - 2023/24

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
The atmosphere would be much better if they turn down the volume on pre match entertainment..hard to get an atmosphere going when you can't hear the person next to you.
They should leave the fans to make some noise not drown everybody out pre match and half time..
Unfortunately it's the same at every top 6 ground.....frustrating to say the least.

I wouldn’t get your hopes up too much, 12:30 kickoffs are notoriously shit for atmosphere. This appears to be a problem at every ground, certainly not specific to City.

I know they were local derbies, but the recent Sunderland v Newcastle and west Bromwich v wolves games were good, some of our early kick offs v utd have been good too, as I pointed out before, the Liverpool v utd game was 4.30pm and the atmosphere was awful .

The atmosphere would be much better if they turn down the volume on pre match entertainment..hard to get an atmosphere going when you can't hear the person next to you.
They should leave the fans to make some noise not drown everybody out pre match and half time..
Walking round the ground pre kick off, trying to talk over that infernal music that’s been blasting out esp near main entrances, I’ve got no voice left by the time I get in !

I was in Club Wembley at that game and it was rammed with Liverpool fans. The second the ball hit the net, they literally disappeared. It emptied instantly. I looked around and there was a handful of blues left in. No thought of staying to applaud their teams efforts or watch their players pick up their medals. They all just fucked off in a matter of seconds.
To be honest I don’t think I’d stay if Liverpool beat us in a final. Certainly wouldn’t have stayed last year had the rags won.

I’d have thought that this is the kind of issue where City Matters could get something done as it won’t interfere with the remit of the money men.

In fact it could even help save the club money if they get rid of the hopelessly out of their depth people who they hire to provide the “entertainment” and interviews.

I know they were local derbies, but the recent Sunderland v Newcastle and west Bromwich v wolves games were good, some of our early kick offs v utd have been good too, as I pointed out before, the Liverpool v utd game was 4.30pm and the atmosphere was awful .
Liverpool at home last April was a fantastic atmosphere and that was an early kick-off. I do definitely think an early kick-off makes the atmosphere worse in general, but not as much as people on here like to suggest

I’d have thought that this is the kind of issue where City Matters could get something done as it won’t interfere with the remit of the money men.

In fact it could even help save the club money if they get rid of the hopelessly out of their depth people who they hire to provide the “entertainment” and interviews.
I believe the 1894 folks have been back and forth with the club about this topic for years, I don't think the club want to budge

Sunderland v Newcastle and West Brom v Wolves were exceptions as they were derbies that don’t get played very often and with expanded away allocations. We, along with everybody else can produce a good atmosphere at 12:30 but more often than not we all don’t. I guess it’s because everybody doesn’t have enough time to get arseholed before the game.

Liverpool at home last April was a fantastic atmosphere and that was an early kick-off. I do definitely think an early kick-off makes the atmosphere worse in general, but not as much as people on here like to suggest
Think the key bit there is last April. I really don’t think our fans ramp it up at home until March onwards and then it gets much better. Rags and Arsenal games will be good and CL QF if we make it.

I don’t think Everton/Brentford will be great but it may be better for Chelsea as it’s 5.30 ko.

I believe the 1894 folks have been back and forth with the club about this topic for years, I don't think the club want to budge
In that case I'd be interested to hear the club's reasoning behind their stance. Surely the club's ideal fan would be spending bucketloads of cash in the shop pre match or wolfing down some overpriced food rather than staring blankly at the nonsense unfolding on the big screens.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.