Atmosphere - 2023/24

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
I heard reports from the Spurs Away game that some Blues were pushing their weight against fans in the City end who didn’t have a Manc accent. This tends to happen every few years and the aggressors are usually making a massive deal of going to an away game (where my guess is they go to very few).

My advice to any Blue would be to sing up loud and proud and don’t worry about others.

Last edited:
The big difference last season was that it went on general sale. If we're unable to sell the allocation out, then I absolutely don't mind tourists taking the slack.

But when fans are losing their tickets to tourists, that's when it's an issue.

Literally can't see the incentive in this!

I presume you were meaning a bigger Scandinavian contingent ?

Copenhagen is a great place,good beer,great restaurants and friendly natives.

City fans were split 60/40.....hard core regulars/Skandi supporters clubs & one offs.

After being on the piss for hours, many could hardly stand up never mind sing, and with horns,drums,symbols and sirens, it wasn’t easy to get much going.

Sociadad would be good for the QFs.
I think fatigue plays a big part in these Euro trips. I didn't go last night but in Bern and Leipzig there were plenty of regular hard-core fans slumped in their seats! It is easy to blame "the tourists" but a day on the Danish beer can take its toll. Anyway well done to all the City fans who went. They looked lively enough when Phil scored at the end. And I prefer our fans spontaneity to the robots with sirens any day of the week.

I think fatigue plays a big part in these Euro trips. I didn't go last night but in Bern and Leipzig there were plenty of regular hard-core fans slumped in their seats! It is easy to blame "the tourists" but a day on the Danish beer can take its toll. Anyway well done to all the City fans who went. They looked lively enough when Phil scored at the end. And I prefer our fans spontaneity to the robots with sirens any day of the week.
These 'Crystal Palace' style so called 'Ultras' are simply boring now !!

Capos,drums,a bloody symbol and now a siren.

Each to their own but Give me spontaneity all day !!

These 'Crystal Palace' style so called 'Ultras' are simply boring now !!

Capos,drums,a bloody symbol and now a siren.

Each to their own but Give me spontaneity all day !!

Regarding Crystal Palace, I had to turn the volume down the other night. The tuneless droning sound and drums are just awful!

I’d have loved to be at game last night but the organised ‘support’, and the siren, would have driven me mad.

I heard reports from the Spurs Away game that some Blues were pushing their weight against fans in the City end who didn’t have a Manc accent. This tends to happen every few years and the aggressors are usually making a massive deal of going to an away game (where my guess is they go to very few).

My advice to any Blue would be to sing up loud and proud and don’t worry about others.
I had that happen to me a few times at Maine Rd, had to 'prove' i was a City fan by answering questions on City, it was like fucking Mastermind ha

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.