Atmosphere - 2023/24

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
I just see it as two players who wanted to play more football. Sterling wasn’t good enough any more, but he gave us plenty of good times in a blue shirt. He was a main player in one of the greatest sides City it the Premier League have seen. The front three of Sterling, Sane and Aguero were incredible at times. Even when his standards slipped he still put the effort in. He literally got us back in the game in the Villa match with his cross for Gundogan’s first goal. So yes absolutely it will make me feel better if I clap louder to drown out some spolit arse wankers who have short memories and feel they have to hate players who go elsewhere after their time at City. As long as they don’t go to United or badmouth the club or supporters, I have no problem with it at all.
Oh sod off with the "hate" shit.
Good player makes good pass - well well. Off to make a gratitude banner. Was a miserable diva when he was here and hasn't improved much since he left. Don't get me wrong, delighted he did or we'd never have won the CL - just the way he went about agitating a move. As for Palmer - we asked for some patience seeing as we'd brought him on and given him his chance - wasn't prepared to do so - a lad in a hurry like sturridge. - hardly standing ovation stuff.

"Spoilt arse wankers" - because they hold a different view to your magnanimous, self-righteousness. Nice.

Last edited:
Good player makes good pass - well well. Off to make a gratitude banner. Was a miserable diva when he was here and hasn't improved much since he left. Don't get me wrong, delighted he did or we'd never have won the CL - just the way he went about it. As far Palmer - we asked for some patience seeing as we'd brought him on and given him his chance - wasn't prepared to do so - a lad in a hurry like sturridge. - hardly standing ovation stuff.

"Spoilt arse wankers" - because they hold a different view to your magnanimous, self-righteousness. Nice.
Seems to me some people are pretty unforgiving, even when in the grand scheme of things Sterling ans particularly Palmer didn’t do much wrong. I never saw the papers reporting disharmony in the camp or even reports that they were angling for a move away. A player wants to play more football and believes in his own ability - it’s not really a shock or a big deal. We let them go and moved on.

Seems to me some people are pretty unforgiving, even when in the grand scheme of things Sterling and especially Palmer didn’t do much wrong. I never saw the papers reporting disharmony in the camp or even reports that they were angling for a move away. A player wants to play more football and believes in his own ability - it’s not really a shock or a big deal. We let them go and moved on.
Let's just agree to disagree - your post replies are better mannered than mine - can't agree on everything. Cheers.

Last edited:
The announcer i
Noticed the stadium announcer toned it down yesterday too.. imagine he’s seen some of the flack he’s been getting this past week and reined it in.

It worked. We don’t need his chants to get the fans going after a goal.This is the PL not the Bundesliga. He should stick to announcing their names instead of chanting their names.

Last edited:
Same for me. We’re not scousers, we should give ex servants a good reception.
Will only reserve boos for ex-Reds, bad refs and Joey Barton. Clapped Cole and Sterling, as they wore the blue of City well, and didn't do bad. That set of trophies needed Cole, as did the seasons of achievements when Sterling was here.

Same for me. We’re not scousers, we should give ex servants a good reception.

I agree in principle but we could drop the term "servants" and just use the term "employee" because that's what they are. They didn't/don't play for us for some altruistic principle, they played for us for cash/bread/moola/ :)

Good player makes good pass - well well. Off to make a gratitude banner. Was a miserable diva when he was here and hasn't improved much since he left. Don't get me wrong, delighted he did or we'd never have won the CL - just the way he went about agitating a move. As for Palmer - we asked for some patience seeing as we'd brought him on and given him his chance - wasn't prepared to do so - a lad in a hurry like sturridge. - hardly standing ovation stuff.

You're talking like a scouser

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.