Atmosphere - 2023/24

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
And for folk who say United songs in games not against them are out of place - fuck ‘em. That horrible lot are always in the media - it’s a valid and vital counter-narrative for the non-aligned armchair football-watcher to hear how much that club are hated.
True, but moreso that it was the pre-derby game when the rag build-up tends to get a warm-up anyway.
Maybe someone with a twitter account could explain that to Joe Blatchly @99JJB, re his otherwise complimentary quote in There is a Light post, #3443

No need anymore the stupid "City's goin down with a billion in the bank" .

Not big,funny or clever and smacks of largesse !!
I'm not keen on the song either but that's our kind of humour. We've always been able to take the piss out of ourselves and long may it continue.

Our empty seats at home song is fuckin' great: )

When City were singing 'is this the emptyhad' the commentators said something about what the chant meant lol. But got it totally wrong lol
haha...yes...just watched it on the replay & they seemed to be referring to the goals surplus rather than the empty seats & lack of noise from the Luton Town brigade....if you know, you know...which obviously the commentator didn't

No need anymore the stupid "City's goin down with a billion in the bank" .

Not big,funny or clever and smacks of largesse !!

I am pretty sure that song originated 2009/10 ish and is based on United fans suggesting we would get relegated after our takeover when we were struggling under Mark Hughes.

Its not playing billy big bollards but mocking a United chant from the past.

I am pretty sure that song originated 2009/10 ish and is based on United fans suggesting we would get relegated after our takeover when we were struggling under Mark Hughes.

Very creative thinking....bollards !!

When City were singing 'is this the emptyhad' the commentators said something about what the chant meant lol. But got it totally wrong lol
They/He thought it referred to Haaland getting a hat trick away from home…. As all his hat tricks have been at the Etihad. Idiot. Was it Matterface?

And it refers back to ‘typical City’ I.e. only City could have a new billionaire owner with money to burn but still manage to get relegated!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.