Atmosphere - 2023/24

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
It’s funny that. There’s load of kids in Manchester that live in disadvantaged areas that don’t get any tickets and there city fans as well.

I don’t understand the distribution of tickets at times.
Lots of local schools also get tickets on occasions as well. City do lots with primary and secondary schools in the poorest areas of Greater Manchester.

Hopefully the Scottish kids get discounted tickets if their parents or school do pay for their tickets?

Lazer and light show before kick off.

Last edited:
I had a large group of kids sat behind me in 326 last night.
Most seemed to be in the "anyone but City" mould and were getting giddy every time Copenhagen were on the attack.
However, some of the girls seemed desperate to see Foden play. Couldn't believe one of them referred to him as "Phil the DILF". The mind boggles!

We’ve discussed the Scottish kids previously. I still don’t understand why those tickets aren’t distributed to schools across Gtr Manchester so Kids who are City fans get those tickets, even if a few United kids end up getting the tickets as well. I’m sure most of those Scottish kids aren’t City fans. The vast majority will be Celtic or Rangers fans.
Can be their 2nd club which is true

Can be their 2nd club which is true

It certainly can be. Many Scottish football fans follow English clubs. Sadly it’s more down to religion and politics rather than anything else. Or it used to be. Scottish Catholics tend to support United and Liverpool. Scottish Protestants tend to support Chelsea and City. They used to back in the 70’s, 80’s and 90’s. Hence the chant, Rangers, Celtic, Rangers, Celtic…. on the Kippax. Now it’s probably more down to (social) media exposure.

These tickets are not being given for free. They are being sold to Scottish schools because we have a big young support up there.
“In addition to facing charges alleging they cheated and defrauded their way to success, evidence has emerged that oil state owned Manchester City are coercing impoverished Scottish schools into buying match tickets rather than textbooks or computers in an attempt to fill up their half empty stadium”

The Echo’s potential take on this news

“In addition to facing charges alleging they cheated and defrauded their way to success, evidence has emerged that oil state owned Manchester City are coercing impoverished Scottish schools into buying match tickets rather than textbooks or computers in an attempt to fill up their half empty stadium”

The Echo’s potential take on this news
"Manchester City are expected to respond to these allegations by wholeheartedly apologising to Liverpool FC and accepting a reduced allocation for their next 5 visits to Anfield"

All this whingeing about why don’t local school kids get more tickets for Wednesday night reminds me of what happened to the rags a couple of years ago. The dirty rags gave 1,000s of free tickets to local schools for kinds and their parents, a couple of years ago. It was a midweek European game. The rags were overwhelmed with complaints from parents because Ronaldo didn’t get on the pitch.

I had a ticket I couldn’t give away last night. There wasn’t any army of youngsters wanting to see the game, who were ticketless.

Contrast this with the posts I’ve read from families on the disliked Man City Face Vamue Tickets and Travel. Families are only too grateful to thank members of the group who sorted them and their kinds tickets for Wednesday night. Anyone, who really wanted to go on Wednesday went to the game, unless commitments didn’t allow them.

We’ve discussed the Scottish kids previously. I still don’t understand why those tickets aren’t distributed to schools across Gtr Manchester so Kids who are City fans get those tickets, even if a few United kids end up getting the tickets as well. I’m sure most of those Scottish kids aren’t City fans. The vast majority will be Celtic or Rangers fans.
My granddaughters school got tickets and took a coach full down to the Etihad last season to a CL game. Of the seventy odd kids only she and a couple of her mates were blue, the majority of the remainder had Liverpool as their favoured second team. They all paid but mainly to cover the cost of transport. How many were converted by the club tour and some wonderful football? Who knows?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.