Atmosphere - 2023/24

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
sing a song or 2 in the 90th minute when you’re getting battered away and you’re the best fans in the country, that’s the way it is even if you don’t turn out any other week

We’ve heard it on numerous occasions, even from fans of smaller clubs, which includes their older fans who must know how well supported City have always been, even in the lower divisions when City were shit. Bar trying to take the piss, it’s absolutely baffling and pathetic.

Thought the Villa fans were quite loud though very predictable.
They even managed a chorus criticising our support when two-thirds of their support had already gone home.
They were also claiming Jack "used to play for a big club". I hate that phrase but our average attendances have been bigger than Villa's for some time. We've won the League 9 times to their 7, it's seven each for the FA Cup, we're 8-5 ahead for the League Cup and we have two European trophies to their one. So what's this about being a big club?

We’ve heard it on numerous occasions, even from fans of smaller clubs, which includes their older fans who must know how well supported City have always been, even in the lower divisions when City were shit. Bar trying to take the piss, it’s absolutely baffling and pathetic.
In fairness it’s the last of the brushes they can beat us with, makes them feel better

Did make me laugh that, half of them had fucked off home..

Thought the Villa fans were quite loud though very predictable.
They even managed a chorus criticising our support when two-thirds of their support had already gone home.
They were also claiming Jack "used to play for a big club". I hate that phrase but our average attendances have been bigger than Villa's for some time. We've won the League 9 times to their 7, it's seven each for the FA Cup, we're 8-5 ahead for the League Cup and we have two European trophies to their one. So what's this about being a big club?
Our attendances have been bigger for about 50 years apart from when they won the league in 1981. Tools.

I know we like a bit of tourist bashing but I'd just like to say there was an American woman sat behind me and she was brilliant. Shouting and cheering, even dropped an F bomd and quickly apologised :),knew all the players names, Cheering all the subs, said she loved bobb. She was on the phone at one point to her dad, saying 'it's usually just us two, can't believe I'm surrounded by city fans' saying 'can't believe I'm only 12 rows from the front and all the players are there just in front of me, it's amazing!'
She was sat on her own and said 'I just wish I was here with my dad'
She absolutely loved it. I'd have 100 of her any time than some of the miserable fuckers, that moan at every kick, any day.

Special American Friend ?

Started out strong, which is normal for away support, as its usual hardcore fans, but even the TV commentator mentioned their section being emptied with 20 mins to go!
I wonder when the last train back to brum was, given the 20:15 ko ?

Our end didn't look to great at 90 minutes to be fair, but I can't complain as I wasn't there, midweek games involve an overnight stay, so I've given them up (my ticket was sold on the exchange, before I get abused).

6000 away fans as well
That 23 thousand odd attendance was only 8 years ago as well !
Villa are the Midlands equivalent of the Stretford Serpents.
They think they are better than everyone else, but haven't had a good team for many years.
Luckily for them, all the other Midlands teams (apart from Leicester) have also not threatened to be a top team...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.