Atmosphere - 2023/24

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
Think we should’ve been louder from the get go but on the whole thought it was good, especially the second half when chasing the game. A noticeable decibel increase when singing that the whole ground can (will) join in with, although in the luls the clap alongs and terrace/away chants keep something going. (Happy to hear made of stone get some traction late on)

Hard to pinpoint the chicken and the egg but I feel the lethargic start on the pitch quickly dampened the pre match atmosphere.

My main gripe though is the tossers in our end, didn’t see any around me but have seen loads of videos of influencers/bloggers/madrid in our end on social media today. I’m mostly over the result already, but still seething seeing that shit. If anything makes me bin it off it’ll be that, I’d rather see us relegated to the north west counties than be 50/50 tourists/blues.

One thing that is very noticeable is the huge number of season ticket holders who aren’t bothering with cup games or champions league games - it doesn’t seem to matter what the price is. Is it apathy? Dislike of the competitions.

I always think back to that Hamburg game when the tickets were dirt cheap. That’s not going to happen now, but that allowed loads of long standing blues to go the match and create that amazing atmosphere. Obviously there were other factors as well, but I’d love to see that back at city.

Right now there does seem to be a disconnect and instead we’re getting loads of non city fans in our ground, which is frankly shite.

A great atmosphere can make the game so much more enjoyable and I feel like it’s been missing this season compared to last season. On our day are fans are amazing.

Got you.
Get yourself a You-Tube channel and talk shite for 90mins and City will most likely give you the Tunnel Club for free (as long as you wear the opponent’s shirt) ;-)
Or just have a pair of tits on show and pretend to be interested in the game

Around me in Colin Bell there were loads of tourists, no doubt. But they were all supporting City (apart from one I saw celebrate)

A coach full of kids aged about 8 or 9 came walking up the spirals singing "Oh Kevin De Bruyne" and "Johnny Stones" which was good to see. This is how it is now. We are a big club.

I'm afraid anyone who is moaning about these "interlopers" and who isn't on the cup scheme has to shut up. The answer is right there in front of you.
No problem at all with “tourists” who get stuck in. 2 Asian lads are occasionally a few rows behind me and often put complacent regulars to shame getting chants started on their own and non stop singing. It’s the clueless hangers on/opposition fans that do my head in

I'm fascinated to know what is happening.

I fundamentally believe that the club has no interest in shifting their tickets on to dodgy sites. It's too much hassle for fuck all money in the grand scheme of things.

But clearly people with money to burn - travelling from around the world in outfits that cost the same as my annual season card - were everywhere last night.

Our season card holders selling them on? Is it sponsors? Am I wrong and the club are distributing them on grey market sites?
Yesterday morning …tickets were on sale on City website for £499. Got you ticket for seat in Level 3, off site 3 course meal and programme. Strange though, you had to make your own way to The Etihad

One thing that is very noticeable is the huge number of season ticket holders who aren’t bothering with cup games or champions league games - it doesn’t seem to matter what the price is. Is it apathy? Dislike of the competitions.
In my case it's because I can't afford to be in the cup schemes. I can just about manage my ST DD and that's it.

Ok so the tourists at champs league games. Yes a bigger % is on the club who just see the £ssssss. But ….. we as fans have to take a large proportion of the blame too.

Whats the % of season ticket holders that are on the champs league scheme? As a micro example, out of 4 of us with season tickets im the only one in the scheme. Id say around me only half of regular ticket holders are in it. At most.
Where are you when we play Copenhagen in the group stage ? The hard slog, dont fancy it on a wet november evening ?
A lot of those games, without the tourists the ground would be half empty.

Last night the other 3 who i go with had a mad scramble to get tickets. Well ive no sympathy
Agree on the principal, but can’t expect everyone to be able to afford cup schemes. STs are a fixed price either one off or monthly that you can save for, cup scheme payments can come when you’re not expecting it and some can’t guarantee to be able to afford those at the time.

Think the club made a good decision with the criteria this time compared to last year but there’s clearly still an issue.. blues selling on for ££?? Or the club itself?

Considering the amount of tourists I thought that was an excellent atmosphere.
That’s me done for CL games now though. I felt like a stranger in my own home last night. Just surrounded by people with no affection to the club I love. The club take the piss as well they don’t give a fuck. About 50 people stood up videoing the Madrid goal in 107, if one was within my reach I would have swiped their phone and launched it and that would be me banned a 20 year SC holder for the sake of extra match day revenue from tourists, give me Wolves at home in the premier league over that any day of the week.

Yesterday morning …tickets were on sale on City website for £499. Got you ticket for seat in Level 3, off site 3 course meal and programme. Strange though, you had to make your own way to The Etihad
The club are clearly involved in all of this. There’s too many tickets ending up with away fans, on ticket sites and part of corporate packages.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.