Atmosphere - 2023/24

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
Maybe starting with the touts around the stadium that are doing it right under their noses?

Had a look for the Wolves game out of interest and on Viagogo they're all premium seats 93:20, tunnel club etc. LiveFootballTickets seem to be all upper tier and you're able to select up to 4 seats. Might explain when I'm in Colin Bell L3 there's regularly Americans, Eastern Europeans, Scottish kids etc. 100 percent convinced the club are involved in this- be it directly or through an agency.

Meet a guy in mary d’s last night who flew over solo from Austin Texas brought a ticket and meal from vermillion direct from club for £250 .. not even a city fan just wanted to come to the game. Was a good lad to be fare had a pint with him and met him after game but it’s madness someone can just rock up and do that .

One thing that is very noticeable is the huge number of season ticket holders who aren’t bothering with cup games or champions league games - it doesn’t seem to matter what the price is. Is it apathy? Dislike of the competitions.

I always think back to that Hamburg game when the tickets were dirt cheap. That’s not going to happen now, but that allowed loads of long standing blues to go the match and create that amazing atmosphere. Obviously there were other factors as well, but I’d love to see that back at city.

Right now there does seem to be a disconnect and instead we’re getting loads of non city fans in our ground, which is frankly shite.

A great atmosphere can make the game so much more enjoyable and I feel like it’s been missing this season compared to last season. On our day are fans are amazing.
Hamburg at home will always live long in the memory as the atmosphere was off the scale. Full of proper blues that night.
Different times now unfortunately......we've seen some amazing stuff on the pitch and I'll forever be thankful for that, however, disappointingly there are so many City fans who haven't felt part of this journey as they've been priced out or can't get tickets.

So one of our biggest club sponsors Aldar have invited 2 rags to the biggest game of our season in a box that the majority of us will never get the privilege to watch a game in. This is what’s killing the atmosphere. All of these micro celebrities and social media bellends being invited by our biggest sponsors who actively want to see us lose. Fuck off
Fuck that right off joke

The club are clearly involved in all of this. There’s too many tickets ending up with away fans, on ticket sites and part of corporate packages.
So why are they recruiting a ticket compliance officer who's job surely will be to stop this? Makes no sense. As we all know season ticket holders aren't coming to these games so are they buying the tickets then selling on for a quite tempting profit?

One thing that is very noticeable is the huge number of season ticket holders who aren’t bothering with cup games or champions league games - it doesn’t seem to matter what the price is. Is it apathy? Dislike of the competitions.

I always think back to that Hamburg game when the tickets were dirt cheap. That’s not going to happen now, but that allowed loads of long standing blues to go the match and create that amazing atmosphere. Obviously there were other factors as well, but I’d love to see that back at city.

Right now there does seem to be a disconnect and instead we’re getting loads of non city fans in our ground, which is frankly shite.

A great atmosphere can make the game so much more enjoyable and I feel like it’s been missing this season compared to last season. On our day are fans are amazing.

As well as the price of the Hamburg tickets it's worth noting that being in Europe was a bit of a novelty at the time. We know we'll be in Europe each season now.

Personally don't sign up to the CL and League Cup schemes due to the games being during the week and difficult for me to attend. If I did opt for one it'd probably be the FA Cup when fixtures are generally at the weekend. I still do go to the occasional cup fixtures midweek, but don't want to commit to every single game.

Genuine question, are the club not appointing a ticket compliance officer ?, if so is that not because they are also pissed at situations like last night and want it to stop? I cant understand them paying to bring someone in if their remit will be to stop something we are accusing the club of profiteering from?, could this not just be fans racking up the £ by reselling to 3rd parties for big games.
Think they’re more arsed about blues jibbing into 115/114 with tickets elsewhere in the ground than they are about clear rival fans sitting in our end. The ticket checks the past couple of weeks have been a pain in the arse and causing massive agro between fans/stewards at the “checkpoints”

Meet a guy in mary d’s last night who flew over solo from Austin Texas brought a ticket and meal from vermillion direct from club for £250 .. not even a city fan just wanted to come to the game. Was a good lad to be fare had a pint with him and met him after game but it’s madness someone can just rock up and do that .
Are you seeing him again?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.