Atmosphere - 2023/24

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
It’s such a shame City have sanitised the Etihad of atmosphere by driving the need for an increase in match day revenue at all costs to such an extent that there is a clear difference between our home and away support in it’s basic form.

One more thing. The neural zone at Fulham is great. Both fans mixing with each other.

Definitely my favourite away trip.
A lot of the problem at home matches is down too having 2 different singing sections, East Stand corner and South Stand lower.
It would be great to bring them together and also to get them into there seats at least 10 minutes before kick off and not to be filing in at the kick off.
But unfortunately that's a cultural thing with English supporters.
What would also be helpful is to turn the tannoy system down or better still off ,when the teams are coming onto the pitch,and let the crowd generate the atmosphere .

A lot of the problem at home matches is down too having 2 different singing sections, East Stand corner and South Stand lower.
It would be great to bring them together and also to get them into there seats at least 10 minutes before kick off and not to be filing in at the kick off.
What would also be helpful is to turn the tannoy system down or better still off ,when the teams are coming onto the pitch,and let the crowd generate the atmosphere .
Three singing sections now with south stand upper.

Get them together the problem is solved. And the answer is staring us in the face.

Lots of fans don't sing at home, it's a fact but you still try and blame City...weird...

I must be like you then. ;-)

We‘ve discussed it on here constantly throughout the season. You must have missed it?

Trying to keep it sensible. :-)

The demographics of our home support has changed massively over the last few seasons with more and more ’football fans’, tourists, day trippers, half and half scarfers, away fans in the home ends, etc, filling the seats at the Etihad and replacing (legacy) City fans.

There‘s also been a large increase in premium hospitality areas and seating around the ground. Which may be further expanded when the North stand is open?

There are still on-going stringent season ticket checks outside certain blocks at the Etihad that start the singing and atmosphere off. I’ve posted about that happening at the entrances to blocks 114, 115 and 116. The most vocal part of the Etihad.

All of this and more has had an adverse impact on the atmosphere at the Etihad, in my opinion. That doesn’t mean you or other forum members have to agree with me.

I get it. I understand. More non City fans want to watch City. City are the best team in the world atm. Pep is the best manager in the world. The club want to increase match day revenue to catch up with the other PL clubs that are making more than money than City on a match day. The club have stated that on numerous occasions. I’m not blind to the reasons why City are doing what they are doing commercially.(playing Devils Advocate)

Even at away games it has been different. There have been certain away games where away tickets have got into the hands of tourists, day trippers, football fans, half and halfers, vloggers, youtubers, etc, and the away end has been shite. And then there have been away games like yesterday, Palace, etc, where the vast majority of our away support has been made up of legacy fans and the away support has been brilliant, to the extent that we and many other fans from other clubs think we have the best away support in the PL.(whilst saying our home support is shit)

The fact that City are proposing 700 GA+ seats at the front of the new NSL2 doesn’t fill me and other City fans with hope that the club want to create a proper and atmospheric home end.

We’re still waiting for any information on the North stand after 2 meetings between the club and fans representatives, with a 3rd meeting now arranged. The club asked/told the the fans representatives at the 2nd meeting not to discuss in public what had been discussed at the meeting due to ‘commercial confidentiality’. Hmmm?

On the plus side. City have made 600 more season tickets available, which is a positive move by the club. Hopefully when the new North stand opens with 8000 extra seats, 1000’s of new season tickets will be made available by the club, as demand for season tickets is clearly there.

Last edited:
Correct. It certainty would. It can be done. We’ve discussed it on here plenty of times. The North stand expansion could make that happen with fans relocating to different parts of the ground and freeing up seats in different parts of the ground. As I’ve posted previously, I would move all the away fans from SSL3 to the East stand corner, which would free up 1000+ seats on SSL3 and make that a tier full of City fans. We’d basically have 2 home ends, 1 at each end of the ground.

My mates and I have found it very hard to get tickets this season. We are all matchday members but tickets around 60quid.
Looking at the points system we have very few points I'm the most with 415. We have been all over the country following City in the days when you didn't get points. We did the old 3rd division as well but not York !.
What worries us is because of our lack of points we are going to find it even harder to get tickets.

We all managed to get away tickets for Brighton and its was like rolling the clock back 30 years lol. Only without a strong bladder and finding hedgerows in a hurry ;). It was great. My mate can hardly work due to illness and walks like he is off his face. We want to go to as many games as possible until it gets to the stage we physical can't any more.

My lad takes the day of work when City have that mad scramble day to try and get tickets. We don't always have the spare cash to purchase 8 or 9 games on one day.

I feel us old fuckers are being pushed out. We are all based in the SE of Kent and enjoy are days out.

I hope City can come up with a way of getting tickets for us old loyal fans. And our kids !

I guess the more successful City become the more in demand the tickets become.

One of my Sunday rambles lol

Last edited:
It doesn't help not having a proper end.
Must be the only team in the world that doesnt

Interesting video of the Legends Lounge, SSL2.

Last edited:
The difference between our away support and Arsenal’s away support is light years.

It is the best. That roof helps no end. I went there for the 4-1 a few years back when we were brilliant. It was a great atmosphere. My mate is a Fulham fan and I asked him to get me a ticket in that neutral end if he could but he said they were like rocking horse shit. I went to the 3-0 defeat there second game of season in Div 2. Our fans were lauded for the turnout against Blackpool first game of season but the turnout against Fulham on a Friday night Sky game was incredible. Made me proud to be a blue that night despite the loss. Open end them days though.

It is the best. That roof helps no end. I went there for the 4-1 a few years back when we were brilliant. It was a great atmosphere. My mate is a Fulham fan and I asked him to get me a ticket in that neutral end if he could but he said they were like rocking horse shit. I went to the 3-0 defeat there second game of season in Div 2. Our fans were lauded for the turnout against Blackpool first game of season but the turnout against Fulham on a Friday night Sky game was incredible. Made me proud to be a blue that night despite the loss. Open end them days though.

Yes that Fulham game was a wake up call that the league was not going to be a walkover that season. If memory serves me correct our Georgian centre half suffered a serious injury. That Fulham team had the likes of Beardsley, Salako, Bracewell and of course the german forward Lehmann. That season was a proper rollercoaster, some shocking football but ultimately will live long in the memory.

Everything about Fulham is great on a sunny day and as you say the roof helps also.

Reactions: jrb
Yes that Fulham game was a wake up call that the league was not going to be a walkover that season. If memory serves me correct our Georgian centre half suffered a serious injury. That Fulham team had the likes of Beardsley, Salako, Bracewell and of course the german forward Lehmann. That season was a proper rollercoaster, some shocking football but ultimately will live long in the memory.

Everything about Fulham is great on a sunny day and as you say the roof helps also.
We certainly weren’t singing Champions again at that game ! :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.